Lee Enfield sub 350

Baz84
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.

I have a Lee Enfield that has Well MB03 internals.

Ive installed a Pdi hop unit and now want to change out the cylinder assembly to a better quality one.

Still only want it below 350 fps as i want to use it all the time and the bolt action aspect is a challenge i enjoy.

What are my options?

Thanks.

so it is basically a TM VSR clone? PDI are a clever bunch, they make their stuff generally only compatible with their stuff, the hop should be ok though. Best thing to do is research TM VSR upgrades, there are literally thousands of sources of info on them! :-)

if changing the cylinder, you'll be looking at a new cylinder head too as well as piston, spring, spring guide and I suggest a 90' trigger (which will need a 90' piston). I can sell you a Laylax PSS Zero Trigger which is TM VSR compatible if it will fit your gun, they cost around £200 with a piston (I am just selling the trigger unit) If you are interested you can have it for £80 delivered? (UK mainland only.)

For sub 350 you don't need a new cylinder or piston or trigger. The factory one works fine. You would want to upgrade the accuracy so hopup unit and barrel, and that's it.

a Teflon cylinder does nice things to your cocking though! :P

I believe that the MB03 has a smaller diameter piston/ cylinder than the standard VSR clones so you're a bit limited on upgrade parts, although if you hunt around you'll find some options. But for 350fps, like the man said, the standard stuff will work OK with a bit of fettling. Then barrel, hop and bucking. Perhaps a shorter barrel to better match the cylinder volume if you're using heavier BBs.

Thanks all.

As i said, i have the pdi hop in there with a madbull 6.03 inner i believe with a flat hop. Barrel is around 400mm long as enfield body ends where the barrel does.

I use .3g bbs and range etc is fairly decent. Just wanted to squeeze as much as i can out of it and make cocking as easy as possible, (not that it isnt easy at the moment being below 350)

Where can i find teflon coated cylinders in the diameter to fit the mb03 internals?

Archived