Travelling with a RIF

sniperslucky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

I over heard my local site saying that the powers that be are going to change the way RIF's are to be carried around, i.e in a proper gun case has any one heard of this coming into force?

If so any ideas when?

Hi All,

I over heard my local site saying that the powers that be are going to change the way RIF's are to be carried around, i.e in a proper gun case has any one heard of this coming into force?

If so any ideas when?

It would be an odd choice. I don't carry my real guns in "proper gun cases" and there's no law that says I have to.

I was under the impression that RIF "should" already be handled in the same fashion as a real firearm, IE a bag/case that completely covers it so no accidents and no freaked out people on the train

I was under the impression that RIF "should" already be handled in the same fashion as a real firearm, IE a bag/case that completely covers it so no accidents and no freaked out people on the train

I have an army rucksack that holds 1 of the M4's, but the other m4 and sniper stick out of the end. They are always in the boot of the car until we arrive at the site. Would the gun case apply if anything changes

if your AEG/VSR/GBB/ETC is in view you are asking for trouble and always have been. It does not matter if they are in a gun hard-case or a bin bag, if they are out of sight then no one will know to care.

Archived