ASG MK23 or Tokyo Marui MK23?

hawkite
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I don't have much money so buying a TM one is only if it is significantly better cause it is £100 more than the ASG one! I would be using it as a sniper sidearm and potentially a primary as I screwed up and bought a crappy sniper rifle to start :(

• Supporters

TM has a working silencer, but the mag cannot handle green gas long term (or need modding)

Asg has a barrel extension instead of a silencer, and boosts fps to 400'ish on 0.2's

Asg mags fit the tm

Edit :- also Taiwan gun sells the asg version substantially cheaper under there stti brand

TM has a working silencer, but the mag cannot handle green gas long term (or need modding)

Asg has a barrel extension instead of a silencer, and boosts fps to 400'ish on 0.2's

Asg mags fit the tm

Edit :- also Taiwan gun sells the asg version substantially cheaper under there stti brand

I knew about the mag issue which is why I am reluctant to go with the TM one cause that adds another £40 for two ASG magazines which brings it up to nearly £200. I really am leaning towards getting an ASG one and then trying to get a TM silencer? Would that make the ASG one just as quiet?

• Supporters

I have both versions, but if I am honest I have never tried to put the tm silencer on the asg, as I got a 16mm to 14mm adapter then just used a stock silencer

I can check when I get home later tonight. But I would imagine that it would not be any noticeablely louder as the asg is a clone off the tm

• Supporters

I have both as well, I can do some messing around with them in a few weeks when I am back in the UK if you want.

I have both versions, but if I am honest I have never tried to put the tm silencer on the asg, as I got a 16mm to 14mm adapter then just used a stock silencer

I can check when I get home later tonight. But I would imagine that it would not be any noticeablely louder as the asg is a clone off the tm

That would be really appreciated if you could try it and see! I am pretty set now that the ASG will prove to be nearly as good as the TM one and if not I can find something else and I would have only lost £60 and not £150 :)

• Supporters

I can confirm that the TM silencer will fit on the ASG

Though for some reason I couldn't get the asg silencer/barrel extension to fit on my TM (but that may just be a fail on my part lol)

I have a TM, my brother has the STTi version.

We both love them, you'll win either way.

I can confirm that the TM silencer will fit on the ASG

Though for some reason I couldn't get the asg silencer/barrel extension to fit on my TM (but that may just be a fail on my part lol)

I think I heard someone elsewhere say they had trouble with the ASG one on the TM one but they didn't mention the other way round so thanks for confirming that. I think I am going to wait till I've gone to my first skirmish before deciding to splash out on the TM one but I am thinking I will buy the TM one later in the new year.

• Supporters

I think I heard someone elsewhere say they had trouble with the ASG one on the TM one but they didn't mention the other way round so thanks for confirming that. I think I am going to wait till I've gone to my first skirmish before deciding to splash out on the TM one but I am thinking I will buy the TM one later in the new year.

Good decision.

Sorry to thread jack but I'd just like someone to confirm/discuss if you can get the ASG to be as quiet as the TM? I'm on a budget and I've heard alot about both. I've heard very mixed things, Id really love someone to do a side by side video/comparison of the sounds they make.

Asg mags fit the tm

Wow, that is insane. I didn't realise it was that cheap? Cause that kinda knocks the TM one out of my consideration. What is the advantage of getting the TM one over a £32 ASG (STTI) one??

Edit: Remembering the stupid FPS of the ASG one which would not be allowed in any sites I don't think and I would like a silencer without faffing around getting a TM one etc.

• Supporters

Well with the tm you get a really nice case, a LAM unit (that's as much use as boobies on a fish, but dose look cool), and a mag that may/will leak with green gas usage, and a epic silencer (that is actually rather rare, or I couldn't find a new original one for sale).

The tm one dose feel nice but the plastic is a lot shiny'er but most people spray/camo tape their gun. From my experience, Out off the box the tm will work fine on 0.25's where as the asg needs its hop adjusting.

As for the tm silencer, it dose work really really well, but all you need is a 16mm to 14mm adapter then you can use any Airsoft silencer, and these adapters are readily available on the internet these days

Well with the tm you get a really nice case, a LAM unit (that's as much use as boobies on a fish, but dose look cool), and a mag that may/will leak with green gas usage, and a epic silencer (that is actually rather rare, or I couldn't find a new original one for sale).

The tm one dose feel nice but the plastic is a lot shiny'er but most people spray/camo tape their gun. From my experience, Out off the box the tm will work fine on 0.25's where as the asg needs its hop adjusting.

As for the tm silencer, it dose work really really well, but all you need is a 16mm to 14mm adapter then you can use any Airsoft silencer, and these adapters are readily available on the internet these days

So do you think getting a STTI one and then buying a 16mm to 14mm converter, adding a silencer and adjusting the hop will make it just as good in all aspects? I will spray mine anyway so I don't care about the finish.

• Supporters

So do you think getting a STTI one and then buying a 16mm to 14mm converter, adding a silencer and adjusting the hop will make it just as good in all aspects? I will spray mine anyway so I don't care about the finish.

No. I think getting a STTI one, buying a 16-14mm adapter, buying a TM mk23 silencer (mentioned above to be next to impossible to find), and replacing most of the hop assembly (rubber, nub, barrel etc) will just about get you there.

• Supporters

That's the unanswerable question, as every gun is unique, and ever so slightly different, you may get a Monday morning gun, or a Friday afternoon gun.

First and foremost though go handle one, if it doesn't fit you hands then you have wasted your money

That's the unanswerable question, as every gun is unique, and ever so slightly different, you may get a Monday morning gun, or a Friday afternoon gun.

First and foremost though go handle one, if it doesn't fit you hands then you have wasted your money

Are there any shops in Kent that sell them? I have heard that M9s are quite large and I can easily hold those but I could be hearing random stuff. Thanks

Think there is a fairly decent airsoft shop in Rochester - Platoon Stores?!

Archived