Nuprol Deltas

Iisjreg
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

Depends on which batch and how long they've been on the shelf, but I'm surprised you've not seen anything about them on here as they're commonly touted as some of the worst you can buy in the UK, because people have had such vastly mixed experiences with them; thought they're alright and then jammed a barrel or generally had their day ruined by a new bottle with different dimensions that's really thrown their hop way off. Everyone knows to avoid things like Bulldog and Crosman, but Nuprol isn't as clear cut because of how they switched manufacturers early on and that made it pretty controversial. Nefariously or not, they've caused a lot of headaches for a lot of people and are far from the optimum choice at that price point.

Many - especially the heavier weights - are hygroscopic (i.e. water adsorbing) and swell to jam barrels or tear up bop up buckings etc. If a retailer has them improperly stored or just sitting on a shelf too long then this problem can be apparent by the time they reach you, but sometimes they're fine. Equally it depends on where you store them at home, but ultimately it boils down to them using a material unfit for purpose. They're made in the same factory as BB King AFAIK so this isn't surprising. Basically they're bottom of the barrel, over-advertised rubbish with a nice label on - ASG are far more reliable as a brand when it comes to affordable BBs.

Having said that, their new tracers are getting good reviews and are possibly a new manufacturer. The unfortunate truth about Nuprol is most of their items are just rebranded goods, and they never provide a decent response to the accusations beyond what you see on the first page of this thread (i.e. denying it and then not actually saying where they're made). It's the same reason I don't buy their gas - it's no different from any other, but costs 20-30% more. Plus their questionable ethics are something we don't need in microcosm like airsoft.

• Supporters

>snip<

I agree with so many points and after the issues with the bbs I have as much reason as anyone to be p*ssed off at them. Those that know me know how much effort I have put into my primary so anything that stuffs up my hop is like devil spawn.

But and its a big but, I want them to come good because the UK airsoft scene needs a UK based company. Yes everything is made in Asia but as someone who works in UK engineering I get it because to produce a combat masheep in this country would be Systema money.

I am sick of dealing with foreign based countries who couldn't give a toss about the UK consumer. Take Krytac I had my hands on an import one before pretty much anybody in the UK knew who they were and gave a big shout out and influenced lots of people into buying them. Now though I have lost a lot of respect because they dont listen to to the UK airsoft community. Mk2 and the 20k motors again the lack of packages like you get in the US. It all leaves a bad taste.

Asg are the only airsoft brand who seem to actually go out their way for the UK consumer and one brand isn't enough.

So what I am getting at is instead of just going on the all out attack how about we welcome them into the forum and then we have a voice and maybe we can influence them in what we really want. Not saying they haven't messed up a lot because they have but maybe if we talk to them rather than just berate we could get something we all need a UK company and one that listens and maybe learns.

If they don't then sod'em but at least try to help ourselves first.

PS; If any Nuprol staff read this you owe me two Firefly buckings and about half a day because of your crappy first attempt at the bb market. And if your RZR Tracers stuff my gun up like your others did I will look at legal recourse just to prove a point.

• Root Admin

<snip>

I don't think there necessarily needs to be much room for a company like Nuprol simply because they're British, but I see what you mean. I'd much prefer to see places that're genuine innovators/designers or light manufacturers like OhShiBoom, SWAT, Dynatex etc. succeed as they're making products that're now - in the case of TMR/JDAirsoft at least - being sold as training products the world over.

The issue I see with Nuprol is they're not bringing much new to the market really. Even the tracers are just being made abroad by a decent company this time, and if they sell well enough many other companies will follow suit quickly. There just doesn't seem to be any USP to most of their stuff.

If we're to get political too then the GBP slump is really going to hurt any overseas manufacturing to the point that it might not be that much cheaper than eastern Europe. I suppose the good news is that they're trying to push it as a more continental brand too now, but I get the feeling that it doesn't sell nearly as well outside of the UK if we're looking at a market share. There are so many others to compete with that just make a better product.

Again though, you have to wonder where the bulk of the money is going if it's not being made in the UK. Just because they're registered here doesn't necessarily mean there's much stimulation. Anyhoo, you know my stance on the whole thing: I believe there shouldn't be a question of where a company is based: It's about the product they make. I don't see where it's based as being much of a bonus at all.

I still wonder how many times they will rebrand till they get it right instead of doing something crazy like testing the stuff they put out for a couple of minutes.

Don't worry - those super thorough guys at AI magazine will be sure to get an indepth test!

• Supporters

I still wonder how many times they will rebrand till they get it right instead of doing something crazy like testing the stuff they put out for a couple of minutes.

Thats why I say we should use our voice more constructively. Tell them what we want and give thought out feedback rather than just abuse. Seeing as their stuff is everywhere it would be nice for it to be usable as well.

• Root Admin

Yeh, but the thing is they'd need a pivotal change in their business model: Right now it's all about buying cheap items that are already being made, slapping a logo on it, putting it in a half-decent box with some unimaginative package design on and then smearing it all over AI and retailer websites until they sell enough that people realise they're not that good.

Hopefully the new BBs and Deltas herald a new age of actually acting like a manufacturer, and if they do and they make good products then I'll be sure to buy them. Ultimately that's all any of us want - haven't the time for holding long-term grudges when it comes to toy guns.

What doesn't help is not giving the facts when asked in a thread like this, because we all know people are going to take them apart and by February it'll turn out they're not quite as unique as first thought. Add it to the pile.

• Supporters

I don't see where it's based as being much of a bonus at all.

Where it's based is important because to all the foreign manufacturers we are just a little island of no consequence. If you ever try to deal direct with an Asian brand it's painful. A UK company will listen to the UK airsoft community far more than one in Taiwan.

I agree about nothing of note yet as their aegs are pretty generic but if there was better dialogue between the community and manufacturers/rebranders then maybe we can use that to get what we want. Nuprols biggest issue is quality, so maybe instead of all us going your stuff is crap and we will never buy your brand we should be saying this is what wrong fix it we will try it. More choice would be good.

• Root Admin

Companies follow the money though right, regardless of where it's from. It's the ultimate "vote with your wallet" type deal.

Look at page one to find out if this is a company that's ok with having a dialogue with its buyers and answering questions people actually want the answers to. They don't care so long as people are buying.

If they turn out to be as good as Krytac's entry into Airsoft guns then I think we would all eat our hats, but I think we all know that they will not be a high end platform, how could they be at the price? If they turn out to be as good as a CM Raider I think most of us would eat our hats, again though I doubt they will be. The ONLY Nuprol product I will buy is the 4.0 gas and only in the big bottles,which I believe they have stopped making coz some fool left his in a hot car on a hot day and the gas did exactly what it was designed to do.... expand.... (thanks Bodgeups! lol) :D

We continuously warn new airsofters to avoid shops with BB in the name, I don't think Nuprol are in that league and are far far better so we should not treat the brand the same as we treat those retailers, there is def a caveat to that though and I will never recommend a product I'd not buy myself. So until it is made clear who is the actual manufacturer of the gun is we can't suggest ne airsofters buy them. the only reason to hide who they are really made by is if there is if that company has a bad rep.

• Supporters

Thats why I say we should use our voice more constructively. Tell them what we want and give thought out feedback rather than just abuse. Seeing as their stuff is everywhere it would be nice for it to be usable as well.

To be fair I have said what I would like which is better quality control but given the WE link it seems unlikely to happen. As I said it's kinda bullshit just rebranding rather than bothering to up your quality control processes.

• Root Admin

If they turn out to be as good as Krytac's entry into Airsoft guns then I think we would all eat our hats, but I think we all know that they will not be a high end platform, how could they be at the price? If they turn out to be as good as a CM Raider I think most of us would eat our hats, again though I doubt they will be. The ONLY Nuprol product I will buy is the 4.0 gas and only in the big bottles,which I believe they have stopped making coz some fool left his in a hot car on a hot day and the gas did exactly what it was designed to do.... expand.... (thanks Bodgeups! lol) :D

Ya see I'd ask why you even buy the 4.0 gas when Guarder have been making a very good, affordable black gas for a very long time. £15 a pop with free delivery if you ask them to price match Patrol Base: https://www.justairsoft.co.uk/green-gas-co2-air/guarder-black-gas.html

Again, the amount of money Nuprol puts into advertising makes it no surprise that they can't compete on a basic consumable like green gas. Smart and Pro Tech will shoot just as hard as 2.0 and is 60% of the cost. Sure it doesn't have a flashy can or appear in full spread ads in AI, but it's propane with a bit of silicone in it compressed to the correct degree.

It boils down to this for me when it comes to Nuprol: They don't have original products, which is not a problem in itself if they weren't spending so much on advertising and having to pass on that cost to who ultimately pays it - the buyer. If one is willing to do 30 minutes of research then Nuprol never wins at anything. That's why their new BBs and this Delta series are arguably interesting though: Perhaps they're doing something new or better than everyone else. The reply on the first page lets me think they're just pulling them same basic trick that they always do - give it a lick of paint and put it on the shelf of every retailer in the country.

Time will tell if I'm wrong or not. I kinda hope I do, because it's always good to have another innovator.

I buy the 4.0 as it comes in the bigger bottles which maintains the pressure higher for longer! :-) Now I can't get the 4.0 in large bottles I'll buy better gas cheaper

• Root Admin

Bigger than 2lt? Last I checked they were 2lt - same as Guarder Power Up has been since it came out :S I know they're down to 1lt now though, which like you say is pretty funny because it really does a number on the higher compression gasses (the final 1/3 the can ends easily up being around standard green gas pressure).

Archived