Didn't enjoy my first CQB game

NathyB
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So went to my first CQB game last weekend got a TM mp7 gbb, happy with my new gun great fun to use and great for cornering but just could not get on with the CQB environment didn't like to short engagement ranges to dark to tell between my team and the enemy just ended up getting shot by my own team and spawn die spawn die situation, better when got into a opening but just didn't enjoy if and found my self getting frustrated with it, I prefer the woodland games medium engagement range and can medic back in more team oriented and team work, any one else not found of CQB ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

well, no one can say you haven't tried it. To be honest, CQB (Especially at places like The Mall) can be a little daunting and VERY confusing when you are new and/or dont know the location. It took me about 4-5 trips to really start enjoying myself there. Now its my favorite in the world (and yes, I play all over the world).

• Moderators

Played at Urban the other week, big CQB type site and forgot how hard it can be at times to see the red / blue as well, but still had fun, which is what its about, had time to explore parts of the base ive never really been in during one of the games, taclight use :)!....and nice to use up my tracer rounds haha :)

Still want to get down to the Mall though but feel time running out!

• Supporters

Personally I've found CQB sites to be a lot more variable than woodland in terms of how enjoyable the day can be. Whilst I have seen plenty of people say it makes it easier to see when people have been hit, it also means it's much more frustrating when they are blatantly cheating.

That said I enjoy both, I've just run into a lot more problems at CQB sites. Primarily with players, who unfortunately turn out to be regulars...

There are also sites like UCAP Greenops which is woodland but has a decent number of close quarters sections.

• Moderators

There are also sites like UCAP Greenops which is woodland but has a decent number of close quarters sections.

Tuddenham is like that, some woodland and 12 odd buildings to shoot around :)

• Head Moderator

I love CQB and its faster pace, quick action, and shorter walk back to respawn. At The Mall I often die, respawn, die, respawn... and have fun with the challenge. I would rather push forward through a bottleneck and get shot than hang around wasting time. The darkness is your friend and adds to the adrenaline rush; although if the music is too loud can make it hard to hear movement. Getting to know the site helps as you can navigate better after a few games, and you learn good places to ambush or flank (often by the experience of getting shot there). Short engagement distances can hurt more, and it was after playing at the UCAP Green Ops site that I wear a Dye i4 mask and helmet.

I only recently went to the wednesday evening games at the Gaol , before that it's been all woodland and the darkness and add to that parts of the cell blocks are like a maze it really gets the adrenaline pumping ! Especially the first time but it's like anything once you start to learn the layout it gets easier , I also found the semi only rule to be great along with the small ammo capacity and because eveyone is using the same it makes it fun to have to think about shots unlike woodland where everyone can sit there and spray the whole game

See this is why I like places like Coms Site 3 where they have the buildings for CQB engagements, surrounded in woodland, with the open grasslands off to the side for long range battles. Whatever your poison, it's got something for everyone.

Horses for courses though mate. Personally i love CQB games. Fast paced which means you have to make decisions fast and move pretty quickly, short time to go back to re-spawns and then there's the challenges of getting round those tight corners.

Only thing i hate about CQB is that in my experiences so far; some people get arsey over near point blanking from the front if there is no bang rule in place which can be frustrating.

The only time i use the 'bang' in CQB is if I've sprung on someone unaware from behind because they have no chance of returning fire back.

• Moderators

Tuddenham has the surrender rule for up close as well as single shot only within the buildings and surrounding areas which works well as some people over do full auto at urban assault

• Supporters

Horses for courses though mate. Personally i love CQB games. Fast paced which means you have to make decisions fast and move pretty quickly, short time to go back to re-spawns and then there's the challenges of getting round those tight corners.

Only thing i hate about CQB is that in my experiences so far; some people get arsey over near point blanking from the front if there is no bang rule in place which can be frustrating.

The only time i use the 'bang' in CQB is if I've sprung on someone unaware from behind because they have no chance of returning fire back.

Bang rule is the most stupid thing in airsoft and should never be used. People go to get shot at with a bb gun and it doesn't matter whether thats at 30ft or 3ft just man up and live with it.

Bang rule is the most stupid thing in airsoft and should never be used. People go to get shot at with a bb gun and it doesn't matter whether thats at 30ft or 3ft just man up and live with it.

Exactly, if you don't like it then don't bloody play it. ive been point blanked on numerous occasions, yes it hurt but that's part and parcel of it all.

• Moderators

Only time I have ever used the one at Tuddenham was our work game and my boss walked right up to me not realising it was me..... it was so hard to say the words!!!

Never used it in normal games

I only recently went to the wednesday evening games at the Gaol , before that it's been all woodland and the darkness and add to that parts of the cell blocks are like a maze it really gets the adrenaline pumping ! Especially the first time but it's like anything once you start to learn the layout it gets easier , I also found the semi only rule to be great along with the small ammo capacity and because eveyone is using the same it makes it fun to have to think about shots unlike woodland where everyone can sit there and spray the whole game

Yeah i also prefer cqb. I find the jail is so different in the day to wed nights as the gameplay is different. Its my go to site though as its so fun!

I personally use the bang kill purely out of respect to the players,having being shot on the nose at point blank is painful hence I wear full head protection.

CQB is not to everyone's taste, just enjoy your style of play!

• Supporters

I personally use the bang kill purely out of respect to the players,having being shot on the nose at point blank is painful hence I wear full head protection.

CQB is not to everyone's taste, just enjoy your style of play!

I find any idiot shouting bang at me disrespectful.

Airsoft involves a small amount of pain and thats part of the game otherwise you might as well play laser tag.

Every airsofter should be made to play the pain game on their first few games, after that you soon learn not to care about a little sting.

• Supporters

When I'm looking at new places to play I immediately discount anywhere that mentions they use a bang rule. I don't mind it being an optional thing but it's not something i'd ever do or want enforced as a rule.

Yeah i also prefer cqb. I find the jail is so different in the day to wed nights as the gameplay is different. Its my go to site though as its so fun!

Haven't been to a Sunday game , will look to go next year though. The wednesday night is fast becoming my go to game aswell. What makes it different at weekend? Obviously the darkness is the biggest difference lol. Which would you say is better ? I'd be worried that being allowed aegs on weekends means no real limit of how much ammo you can carry compared to gas/spring and pistol only nights thus loosing the more sneaky side of play ,

I find that the approach to a CQB game has to be different to playing elsewhere for me to have a good time. I'm a woodland game I'll happily trade fire between barricades all day, but that's becasue theres the option to move freely and attempt to get around the enemy. In CQB, if you play that we you end up bottlenecked in corridors and it's not all that fun. As a result, I find that CQB is at it's most fun lone-wolfing it, letting everyone else get caught in the bottleneck and keep the enemy busy while you sneak around in the back corridors stealing objectives and shooting people in the back.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Airsoft involves a small amount of pain and thats part of the game otherwise you might as well play laser tag.

Every airsofter should be made to play the pain game on their first few games, after that you soon learn not to care about a little sting.

I like what they do with new players at Elite Action Games.

Before the first game gets under way, the new players are segregated from the pack and they are taught the in and out of airsofting.

More importantly, they shoot each other. Firing squad style, from about 10 metres apart.

Shot in the front, then turn around and shot in the arse.

Funny as hell to watch, but more importantly getting them over the fear of being shot.

Once you know what it feels like, you won't mince around at the back, scared of being hit because you don't know if it hurts or not.

Haven't been to a Sunday game , will look to go next year though. The wednesday night is fast becoming my go to game aswell. What makes it different at weekend? Obviously the darkness is the biggest difference lol. Which would you say is better ? I'd be worried that being allowed aegs on weekends means no real limit of how much ammo you can carry compared to gas/spring and pistol only nights thus loosing the more sneaky side of play ,

Find that ut attract different kinds of players. I often play a flanking kind of game play mainly. Other than that the game modes seem more fun and more of the site is opened up for potential better plays

I like what they do with new players at Elite Action Games.

Before the first game gets under way, the new players are segregated from the pack and they are taught the in and out of airsofting.

More importantly, they shoot each other. Firing squad style, from about 10 metres apart.

Shot in the front, then turn around and shot in the arse.

Funny as hell to watch, but more importantly getting them over the fear of being shot.

Once you know what it feels like, you won't mince around at the back, scared of being hit because you don't know if it hurts or not.

This is really weird.

This is really weird.

Most of my mates have a very large disliking of EAG, I was saddened when the Tunnels closed as it was a good site but I know plenty that care very little for EAG and the way they run things.

Archived