Stock guns - prices - value?

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Being relatively new to airsoft, I've only ever shot hire guns and my pistol, and one thing I keep hearing, all the time, is "they all look different, they all shoot the same". Now, obviously this isn't entirely accurate, but how close is it?

Would it be worth buying £500 stock gun, as opposed to a £150 gun then spending £200 or so upgrading all the internals?

What are your thoughts on this?

• Supporters

Always buy the best you can afford but you also need to realise that the best isn't always the most expensive. Knowledge and experience and google are your friends on that one.

As for "they all look different but all shoot the same" thats total crap and usually muttered by CM16 owners.

It depends which brand you buy, some you can spend a fortune on and get an average gun and some others you spend a reasonable amount and get something insane! It all depends what style of gun you are after really?

As mentioned get the best you can afford.

I was happy with my £120 CM16 but as its now given up on me and and I am a more experienced player I want and can afford a better gun. My next purchase will be just shy of £400

One thing I have learnt as a player of different sites is I prefer playing different styles in different places so can see myself with more guns in the near future.

I have plans to slowly upgrade my raider as a project to tinker with.

I personally wouldnt get a 150 quid gun and throw 200 plus into it..

I think its Ducky that uses cars as an anology with airsoft guns.

you wouldnt buy a corsa and chuck a bmw engine in it would you?

I got my G&G wildhog for £190 and i am happy with it

Out of interest, can the wildhog be upgraded for a longer barrel, and the rail swapped out for a quad RIS?

Archived