Nuprol RZR Red Tracers

ImTriggerHappy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Just a quick review of one of Nuprols new range of bbs.

Nuprol have always had a bad rep for selling poor quality equipment and their first foray into the bb market didn't do much to improve that. Their normal white bbs had huge issues across all the weight ranges and I tried .25 to .3s and have to agree they were awful. Their tracers however were generally better the .25s were good bar one bottle I had an issue with that kept jamming and destroyed a nice new Firefly bucking. The only real big issue with their tracers were the .28s which were garbage and and after the first 500rnds I had a couple of dead low caps,speedloader and after one jammed inside in spectacular fashion another bucking.

Nuprol after all the complaints have scrapped their old range and replaced it with new RZR range. These are apparently made in a new factory and initial reviews were positive so I thought I would give them a punt.

I decided to go for their .25 red tracers as they seemed like the standout product.

I filled a couple of 40rnd mags first and fired them off and they fed well and I didn't get a single flyer at all. Next I mixed them with .25 Blaster tracers and filled a high crappa which I was having to use for the game as I was wearing an outfit with no load bearing ability for the duration of the event. I hate high caps and both of mine are finicky on the feeding but I didn't get a single issue all evening. Firing them mixed with the Blaster .25s gave me a good comparison on how well they were flying as Blasters are generally the best tracers on the market.

The Nuprol were better not a single flyer at all compared to few random ones from the blasters. Fired about 800rnds all evening and have decided that the Nuprol red are going to become my main ammunition for tracers. The red while being easy to track when behind the scope isn't as visible to others and doesn't give your position away so easily. Add to that the fact they flew better than any tracer I have used and I was massively impressed.

Only downside is price £30 for 3300 but that will last me at least 4 games as I try not to waste too many shots so I can live with it. The rest of the range are more competitively priced though.

I will be trying out the rest of the range including the normal green tracers over the next few games and will post how they perform.

• Head Moderator

Being on the receiving end of your tracer in The Mall last night, I concur that the red BBs made it harder to see where you were firing from. Whilst not as bright or impressive looking as the green tracer flying down the dark corridoors, the red certainly worked well enough.

Archived