What guns do you guys use and how good are they?

AvidAirsofter776
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, just interested, what guns do you use and how good do you think they are in practise compared to on paper?

Sure, you can boast if you want lol.

When you say "in practise compared to on paper"

I'm guessing you're talking about groupings on a bit of A4 paper (although any size paper is acceptable) unless you're using that known phrase of "on paper"

Which then I guess we'd have to judge guns through there internal parts. Or what it says on the tin (another phrase used, which doesn't literally mean in the tin, but actually what the product claims it can do.).

Or are you saying, if a gun can plink cans in a garden very reliably, but is it any good when it comes to ingame skirmishes?

Either way, as a general rule of thumb, you do get what you pay for. E.G I own an ICS CXP-08 (£200 ish)and it shoots at about 320FPS with 0.2g BBs (completely unnecessary figure & fact, but I have a problem where I have to note down the muzzle velocity of a system when I talk about it) and that probably shoots up to 50m, but it won't be accurate at that range necessarily. However if I bought a 50 quid AEG, that's shot at 320FPS 0.2g BBs it probably won't be as good, won't have the same quality, accuracy etc.

About that on the tin stuff, I think you're new? I've seen your recent threads and you're relatively new to airsoft - I'm no expert, I just got told this when I joined Airsoft. But basically, when you're browsing guns and you see gun X with 300 FPS/.2gbb then you see gun Y with 330FPS/.2gbb, you may be swayed by what it 'says on the tin' however this determines nothing, so don't go with what it says on the tin, it's how the gun performs that's important (in this sense) so look for reviews.

When you say "in practise compared to on paper"

I'm guessing you're talking about groupings on a bit of A4 paper (although any size paper is acceptable) unless you're using that known phrase of "on paper"

Which then I guess we'd have to judge guns through there internal parts. Or what it says on the tin (another phrase used, which doesn't literally mean in the tin, but actually what the product claims it can do.).

Or are you saying, if a gun can plink cans in a garden very reliably, but is it any good when it comes to ingame skirmishes?

Either way, as a general rule of thumb, you do get what you pay for. E.G I own an ICS CXP-08 (£200 ish)and it shoots at about 320FPS with 0.2g BBs (completely unnecessary figure & fact, but I have a problem where I have to note down the muzzle velocity of a system when I talk about it) and that probably shoots up to 50m, but it won't be accurate at that range necessarily. However if I bought a 50 quid AEG, that's shot at 320FPS 0.2g BBs it probably won't be as good, won't have the same quality, accuracy etc.

About that on the tin stuff, I think you're new? I've seen your recent threads and you're relatively new to airsoft - I'm no expert, I just got told this when I joined Airsoft. But basically, when you're browsing guns and you see gun X with 300 FPS/.2gbb then you see gun Y with 330FPS/.2gbb, you may be swayed by what it 'says on the tin' however this determines nothing, so don't go with what it says on the tin, it's how the gun performs that's important (in this sense) so look for reviews.

Hahaha thanks, really helpful but I meant how good is it in a skirmish compared to how good it claims to be. Thanks though that kind of tip you can only find on a forum!

• Supporters

what do you want to achieve??

firstly every gun is abit unique, they all vary abit, it could be a monday morning gun or a friday afternoon gun ... its luck off the draw

i have had very very good luck with every gun i have owned, and i have a few.

but luck is all about perception, so i may have had a slightly negative view of a brand, such as my ares VZ.58c, now being ares i expected pressed cheese for gears, i expected it to self destruct withing 30s off the game starting. what i got was a really capable gun, with an amazing snappy trigger, excellent range ... and 6 months on its still going. why was i expecting the worst, well ares in the long ago past earned a bad reputation, but there current stuff seems good.

which bring me back to my first question, what do you want to achieve? do you want a AEG with its consistent shots, a gbbr with its near insta fire. do you want consistent shot to shot performance, or the more realistic "blow back"??

in practice most/all guns are better than the person who wrote the paper ;)B)

I use the G&G m16 WildHog 13.5" installed with ETU & mosfet and iv a reflex sight on it which makes it all the sweeter, its a hell of a lot better than the Ak47 i started this with, the gun in my opinion is A+ everything about it the way it shoots, the reliability, accuracy, Rof, right down to even the feel of it i couldnt fault it, you do get what you pay for 👍

post-14272-0-78481100-1480960117_thumb.jpg

Archived