ARES vs ASG Gas AW338

The_Prussian98
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been debating purchasing another L115 replica for a while (previously owning a WELL MB4403) and have often wondered about a gas sniper rifle, on the zero one website they have two makes the ASG and ARES, they are both just over £600 and whilst the ARES looks amazing it only shoots at 300fps meanwhile the ASG fires at 480fos but does not look as good, I know that WELL has a very good replica but I cannot find a rif version and the right bipod and scope mount/rail t fit the replica, which one do you believe would be better or in fact if there is a conversion kit perhaps?

• Supporters

I have the well g96, I got it from taiwangun, the bipod is tricky, I got mine from ASPUK, but I don't think they stock them anymore. Any RIS mount will fit fine

The well mb3303 is still an l96 clone, as the mag is the wrong size

The well g96 is a clone of the ares aw338, ASG version is a rebrand off the well

Apparently a good upgrade for the well/ASG is too use the upgraded ares steel hammer, I have one but have not fitted it yet.

It's an ok rifle, I had issues with poor feeding on one mag, and gas issues. But that's just my experience.

Also mags are expensive

Archived