G&G mid cap mag feed issue on G&G CM16

Roundel91
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Swapped a couple of G&G hi caps for some G&G PMAG style mids on here. Got the mags in the post on Thursday but haven't managed to test them till today in my combat machine. They look to be almost brand new.

Both mags will only feed and fire the top round, after that it wont feed atall.

I specifically swapped my hi caps for these mids because they are G&G and my rifle us the safe brand.

Can anyone help me out how i can maybe solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Roundel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Apologies for the late reply all. Havent had alot of time to look at them.

So far ive done or found;

1. Ive gradually filled and emptied the mags until full for a good 10 times each mag now.

2. The spring release catch on each mag empties the whole mag regardless of how full it is.

3. Giving the mag a bit of a wiggle or slap on the bottom will make it feed for 3 or 4 shots but wont feed after that without more wiggling around.

4. Im convinced it isnt feeding properly because its not contacting the hop unit quiet enough to reliably feed. If i take the inner barrel out of the gun and place it directly on the mag then it feeds into the hop unit. Cant figure out a way to test that any further though.

Still having issues now. Absolutely gutted but think i may need to try a different brand of mags. Thought i would have been safe using the same brand as the gun itself

Hey mate

You still at coningsby ill send you some more hi caps so you can use your cm16

Hello mate. yeah i'm still there. I kept one of the Hi-cap mags back as a spare, To be honest i was anticipating i might run into this problem. I'll stick with the tactical maraca for the now lol.

Will be ordering a D boys mid cap sometime soon to see if they are any better.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem, it might be that the bb's get stuck parallel to each other inside the mag because the hole for the bb's is too wide therefore one wants to get fed but the one behind tries to do the same and they both get stuck, slapping the mag will shake the bb's therefore allowing a few more to escape until the same thing happens i hope i explained it well enough for you to understand!

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of adhesive veclro found online for a couple of quid at the back of the magwell pushes the mag forward into the hop up nicely for most. You could also try a different hop up unit. No idea if compatibile but the lonex hop ups have a slightly longer feeding tube. Fixed my feeding issues anyway so may fix yours. Might be worth the 20 quid but do the research to see if it will fit first and do the velcro mod regardless as it will only fit the magazine and stop it wobbling better as well as improve feeding if not feeding good to begin with.

Archived