WE 416 GBB not feeding/double feeding

The_Prussian98
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So a few months back I purchased a new barrel for my 416 and some new hop up rubbers, they were not the right ones (barrel too short and didn't have second incision to fit in hop-up unit, rubber too short) so I put it back together with the stock parts and refitted it, however now whenever I fire one of three things happen:

1. It double feeds.

2. The pellet does not go into the barrel and jams.

3. It fires, but the round has visibly less fps than usual.

Any idea how to fix this, as I want to use it or sell it on, and also if I get it fixed I would want to upgrade it and make it an overall better rifle.

• 2 weeks later...

My guess would be on the bucking either being worn or seated wrongly.

okay, I'll give that a try, its a little old as I got it second hand, kinda tempted to replace most the internals anyways

so I bought a replacement hop-unit, maple leaf bucking and barrel and tried all of them in various combinations with the stock parts and it still double feeds and thus does not work, however the bb will go down the barrel if dropped into the hop-up unit, is it the piston?

Archived