KJ Works Glock 23 mag issues

HSCtheta7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Haven't posted for a while nor have I played a game since September. Nevertheless, a few issues have cropped up with my (previously reliable) sidearm that are starting to annoy me. They are as follows:

1) Occasionally when rounds are fired from the gun, the mag will eject itself unless held from the bottom.

2) The slide catch fails to engage when the mag is empty - assuming the gun can actually fire the full 18 rounds.

3) Even in warm conditions, the gun will fire around 7 rounds before the mag empties its gas reservoir.

4) Sometimes, it will fire 4-6 rounds...then when the trigger is pulled, the slide will come back halfway, not cock the hammer, and fail to return to battery.

I bought the gun secondhand in April, and it worked flawlessly until August. It's completely unmodified, uses a stock KJ Works 18-round mag, and was cleaned/lubed in early September. Any pointers as to the problems or solutions would be brilliant. Thanks guys!

Theta

Archived