Does JD airsoft have to honour this?

Wo1f
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Was having a look at some websites and stumbled across JD airsoft which seemed to have almost everything listed as sale. So I bought a mp9 and a spare mag for about £170. Paid and got the confirmation and order, only to have an email refunding my order a couple of hours later. Going back onto the site it shows everything at full price again. Don't they have to honour the sale?

Sadly I don't think they do, especially now as they have put it to the "rrp"

I would love to be wrong though and that you have a case

nope, a shop doesn't have to sell you anything. The transaction has been cancelled and you got refunded.

Somewhere in the small print of the site will no doubt be the text "E&OE", which is the shops get out clause for when screwups occur, like forgetting to end a sale on time or mispricing an item.

• Supporters

Was having a look at some websites and stumbled across JD airsoft which seemed to have almost everything listed as sale. So I bought a mp9 and a spare mag for about £170. Paid and got the confirmation and order, only to have an email refunding my order a couple of hours later. Going back onto the site it shows everything at full price again. Don't they have to honour the sale?

Wouldn't be the first time JD Airsoft have done that. A call or email from them first would have been nice and tbh they should really honour it if they've not updated their website but they won't and don't have to.

It all depends on the terms and Conditions , most shops will have it written that they can cancel at any point before they have dispatched it and retract the price and refund. Same with physical shops they don't need to honor the price if they haven't already taken the money, but most will as long as the price difference isn't to obviously wrong.

While it's annoying , human error does happen and they need something as a back up to protect them from big losses and people who might take the mick

Archived