Mancraft SDiK Hose adapter?

Shizbazki
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hi all

Recently got all my HPA stuff together.

So i have a spare Redline Firebase Reg which has the standard hose and fittings etc.

I also have a Mancraft SDiK VSR-10 rifle that i would rather use HPA on rather than the clunky if somewhat unreliable CO2 adapter and its Mancraft Regulator (all my Mancraft stuff is the 1st generation stuff ie all silver).

So i have measured the Mancraft macro line bore and found it to be 4mm in outer diameter, was wondering what if any, of you guys have used to convert it to the 4mm macro line to fit either directly into a HPA reg or via a HPA line.

Im thinking of probably using a:

4mm female to NPT Male QD adpater

With a NPT female QD to NPT Male line (as standard HPA hoses are)

to my Redline Firebase Reg

Would this work, considering the high pressures?

Everything downstream of the reg is only going to be at the pressure you're operating the SDIK at ie less than ~150psi so the QD fittings should be fine. If you can get the QD male fitting to fit the gun end of the HPA hose then fit that solidly to the rifle and just use adapters to step that down to 4mm inside the stock. Then you can just plug the HPA line direct to the rifle.

• Supporters

That's basically what I use, a 4mm push in air fitting to male MPT fitting.

FYI i have my regulator set to around 70psi normally

Where did you get yours from if you dont mind me asking??

I have managed to remove the QD NPT fitting form the Redline Firebase and just cannibalised the push fit 4mm fitting from the Mancraft Regulator for now but its a bit of a ghetto way of doing it.

• Supporters

Where did you get yours from if you dont mind me asking??

I have managed to remove the QD NPT fitting form the Redline Firebase and just cannibalised the push fit 4mm fitting from the Mancraft Regulator for now but its a bit of a ghetto way of doing it.

I got my 4mm fitting from work, and the NPT fitting from beesting airsoft :)

• Root Admin

First off - I'd avoid push fittings unless you re-enforce them with a couple of layer of shrink-wrap. I'm not sure why they're so standard (probably price) but compression fittings work so much better as push fittings put a lot of undue stress on smaller bore lines, which can result in rupturing ever a couple of years even with a 6mm line (4mm I would imagine to be worse, but I think Mancraft provide a slightly thicker-walled 4mm that's somewhat safer). That said, it may be unavoidable as compression QD fittings are hard to come by if you're just buying them by the ones and twos.

What you need is a 4mm to 6mm push fitting QD, then I'd use a 4mm/4mm compression QD to allow you to switch out the lines when needed. Mancraft already sell everything you need, but you can source it in the UK if you need to:

4mm compression QD: http://shop-mancraft.com/en/pneumatics/29-szybkozlaczka.html

4mm to 6mm push-fitting converter: http://shop-mancraft.com/en/pneumatics/58-hose-adaptor.html

Then obviously you will need your 6mm push fitting QD (or compression if you can find one) to go to HPA.

So I'd have two lines on the end of your 4mm internal line that you can switch out - one just to continue the 4mm line (for use of an internal, Mancraft regulator) and one with the 4mm to 6mm QD on the end (for the use of an external regulator like your SFR). It costs a little more, but allows you to retain a reliable connection internally if you switch back to 4mm.

Fyi: I also have the 'gen 1' silver stuff - it's no different to the red stuff beyond a small change to one batch of regulators earlier in the year that needed rectifying as it was causing venting issues. However, the new MARS regulator is far, far better than any CO2 regulator out there right now (including the old Mancraft one you and I have) as it has multiple expansion chambers to ensure no liquid CO2 flows through the regulator. This was the single largest issue with the old one, so I'd perhaps look into that before you switch to HPA and lose the flexibility of an in-stock regulator. By all accounts it seems to fix the issues.

Archived