My current HPA DMR and general opinions post re. my ideas for future variations.

Samuelol
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

So my current HPA DMR is pictured below. Whilst it may be a little too operatorrr for some, I really enjoy it. Thoughts are welcome!

I'm also putting together a more lightweight, mixed black/dark earth, full magpul version of this DMR. I will be using the same magpul lower with HPA/flat-hop/orga internals but will be swapping out:

Stock for - Magpul PRS sniper stock in dark earth

Grip for - Whichever dark earth grip I fall in love with...

Currently the G&P sniper grip. I know, not magpul! But I love it!

Spikes tactical rail for - Magpul moe rifle length handguard in dark earth.

Anyone know if I would have any compatibility issues with my G&P VTOL upper?

I'd like to keep my OCC suppressor for the angular goodness my diet so desires but I'm unsure as to whether I can free float my barrel/sink my suppressor, like I have in my current build but in the Magpul moe handguard? Again, any compatibility advice is awesome guys. I'm most concerned about the diameter of the suppressor as it's.. rather thick!

I will probably use the Magpul setup as more of a 'battle rifle', whatever that means... And so would most likely drop it down sub 350fps.

Considering the FPS drop, I'm eager to have an alternate optics option!

So, OCC octagonal 4x9 for - who knows!?

I really like the idea of an Aimpoint/Magnifier setup.. but I'd rather not have to throw quite as much cash as an aimpoint requests! Google, in it's vast and often questionable wisdom, has many suggestions but I'll always draw my final conclusion from you guys. Any suggestions chaps and chirls? I'd like a fair quality aimpoint clone and suitable 4x magnifier fo the reserved budget of around £150. I'd say that's the upper limit.

I have attached a reference image regarding the optic setup I am eager to emulate. I enjoy the somewhat 'seamless' look. Whilst the magnifier is up, it almost blends into a solid scope. Advice in regards to how to achieve such an effect, which will most likely require a method of leveling the two optics, is again gratefully received.

And that's that! I really would appreciate thoughts regarding my current and future build, good for bad.

Any advice regarding the issues I have posed is also seriously appreciated.. As are you, for reading this positively wall like wall of text...

Cheers guys! Big love.

post-5008-0-35894200-1479497423_thumb.jpeg

post-5008-0-75295800-1479497436_thumb.jpg

Unless you already have the PRS stock, get something else. You'll never find one second hand airsoft version (I had one a while back, and sold it for twice it's original price, before i'd even listed it for sale) and the Magpul USA one will come to about £300.

Thanks both.

Kiwi, are you able to direct me as to where I'd get one from the states. If that's what it'll cost, that's what it'll cost.

Thanks again guys.

Thanks both.

Kiwi, are you able to direct me as to where I'd get one from the states. If that's what it'll cost, that's what it'll cost.

Thanks again guys.

just google it, there are many many places you can get a real steel version if money isn't an issue.

Cheers bud, I didn't doubt that. I wasn't aware that I'd have no issues with a real steel version.

Interesting! Struggling to see whether they make it in dark earth but it's a potential for extreme cash savings!

If its more the look than anything, then a good krylon paint job can sort that, if cash isnt an issue as pts247 said, then go real, though at a third of the cost even after import, duties and possible custom charges, and the spraypaint, i'd probably go for the ics.

That being said this is your build, so do what you want with it,

just thought i'd share that potential saving with you

Thanks both.

Thanks again guys.

Better yet, I can direct you to a place in the UK, just found it for £280 - http://www.blackrifle.co.uk/Magpul-PRS-p/mag-prs.htm

If its more the look than anything, then a good krylon paint job can sort that, if cash isnt an issue as pts247 said, then go real, though at a third of the cost even after import, duties and possible custom charges, and the spraypaint, i'd probably go for the ics.

ICS one is for AEG's only, OP is building off what appears to be a G&P WOC (GBBR)

Damn good shout mate thank you. I may well go down that rate.

The donor gun under all this junk is an AEG G&P Sentry so I don't think I should have any issues.

Why does this stock hate me so.... What makes you think the ICS wouldn't fit mate?

By the sounds of it, to use either prs stock , you'd have to replace your buffer tube, which buffer tube you need and how easy it is to replace i honestly have no idea, though i am following with interest as i'd like to fit the ics to a non ics rifle in the near future

As to why the stock hates you so much, its quite simple, its different therefore is stupidly difficult to get hold of or fit

I had also found that but I'm very uncomfortable about it. The stock level seems unrealistic and just... Too good to be true. Anyone have any experience with them?

Archived