first time buying airsoft eye protection

bsteadman1993
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

The bolle cobra confspi seems good, made of polycarbonate and only a tenner.

Ask yourself this: do I have a spare pair of eyes?

If the answer is no, then you need to seriously consider spending more on eye protection. Yes, you will find a thousand people that have only spent £3.50 on some cheap, Chinese mesh eyepro on eBay that have "never had a problem" but I wouldn't trust them to tell me the time.

Could you suggest some goggles then that are actually worth their airsoft designer pricetag then that dont fog. Ive seen a lot of airsofting specific goggles tested at 2.5 - 3 joules point blank and fail spectacularly

• Supporters

Could you suggest some goggles then that are actually worth their airsoft designer pricetag then that dont fog. Ive seen a lot of airsofting specific goggles tested at 2.5 - 3 joules point blank and fail spectacularly

Any and all goggles will fog under the right conditions. I can only recommend what I have which are ESS Profile Turbofan goggles. The fan combined with making sure they're clean and sprayed with Abbey Anti-Fog keeps me nigh on fog free all day. Bearing in mind that I sweat like a paedophile in Mothercare, they only ever start to fog if I'm hot, the weather's cold and I stand still for too long. I also wear a helmet which doesn't help with airflow.

Question on the fan goggles, cause I do hear good things about those, dont they get loud or irritating that close to your face? Also how longs the battery last in those

• Supporters

Question on the fan goggles, cause I do hear good things about those, dont they get loud or irritating that close to your face? Also how longs the battery last in those

They have two speeds, on low speed you can't hear them, on high I can just about hear them. I usually have to put my finger on the fan to feel the buzz to see if they're actually on or not! They have an auto power off feature that helps save the battery but I think the last time I changed mine was about 6 months ago.

Bear in mind that the fan is TINY and is designed to not make loads of noise for the very reason you state. They're NOT cheap, granted but you can get second hand pairs on eBay (I paid about £60 for mine and they came with two spare lenses!). It's the one piece of kit you just don't want to scrimp on.

Nah price doesnt bother me, id rwther have good kit when it comes to protecting myself, the only issue im getting with my current goggles is I get a huge moisture build up every game, which then clogs up the fomed vents reducing the airflow. Do you think goggles like that would help?

• Supporters

Nah price doesnt bother me, id rwther have good kit when it comes to protecting myself, the only issue im getting with my current goggles is I get a huge moisture build up every game, which then clogs up the fomed vents reducing the airflow. Do you think goggles like that would help?

Get rid of the foam, it's there to stop dust/sand etc getting in when working in the desert. Definitely not required for Airsoft!

+1. I've done this on my turbofans too.

• Supporters

Yeah, was hoping for the Green one, black would look massively out of place with my entirely green and mtp kit

Picky, picky, picky.....

Ask yourself this: do I have a spare pair of eyes?

If the answer is no, then you need to seriously consider spending more on eye protection. Yes, you will find a thousand people that have only spent £3.50 on some cheap, Chinese mesh eyepro on eBay that have "never had a problem" but I wouldn't trust them to tell me the time.

I'm just starting out, I'm not saying you should definiteley go with these goggles for the rest of your life, I'm suggesting them as starter goggles, wouldn't they be at least good enough for that?

Like I say, theyre overkill but theyre comfy and safe, some airsoft specific gogges can cost you double that cause of a fancy design and an airsoft brand name. And I somewhat doubt they are even half as durable as the bolle are rated to survive.22 calibre shots.

Had a real think about eyepro now, and have decided to splash the cash now on goggles instead of medical bills.

are these the goggles you have?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bolle-X1000-Tactical-Goggles-standard/dp/B0096NPLSS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480541195&sr=8-1&keywords=bolle+x1000

Theyre the exact ones.

just bear in mind, they dont have foam padding around the eyes like most airsoft goggles, but it wasnt uncomfortable for me.

Yeah, that doesn't seem a problem to me. I've ordered these now and hopefully they'll arrive before my local site has a game. Thanks for stopping me buying cheapo ones guys!

• Supporters

I'm just starting out, I'm not saying you should definiteley go with these goggles for the rest of your life, I'm suggesting them as starter goggles, wouldn't they be at least good enough for that?

To go with your starter pair of eyes?

Glad to see you went with the better ones.

• Moderators

+1. I've done this on my turbofans too.

I've yet to do this with my locust fans as they don't fog as bad now with fogtech wipes but I guess it would help and often thought about it

I've done it on my V12s

Same as you though, I sweat a lot due to wearing a cap as well 🙂

Archived