Gear for sat

armyamy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey what do u think?

This is me kitted out for the weekend.. my first time

Yeh i know its a miss match of issued equipment from the army but the best i can do atm without forking out for new gear.

Btw the rifle is my drill practice rifle, it is a BB rifle but dont properly work

http://yfrog.com/h6ovdgj

http://yfrog.com/hsf2tuaj

To be honest there are literally millions of different verations you could have couldn't really say you will get a idea of what you might want by seeing what other people have when you go. If you were issued with mtp that would be cool. ;)

• Supporters

First thing I see is put a belt round the belt loops on the vest, nothing more annoying than trying to concentrate on sneaking with a vest bobbing up and down.

Match the camo patterns up, but that's an aesthetic thing and I get a little bit anal about that.

other than that, everything looks spot on. and a ###### sight better than most people's first skirmish!

I dont yet receive mtp untill i go out to afghan at the end of the year... its my xmas present off the army in a little black bag :)

But might see if i can scab some offa some of my mates who have already been out.

And yeh just need to dig one of my belts out.

I thought id try and make an effort, dont really want to stick out like a sore thumb.... im gunna stand out enough being the only girl there at the weekend B)

Think people will take me a little more seriously all kitted up

Yeah bruv! :P Your going to need a gold AK and an UZI for that look :lol:

Yeah but i wont need any BB's as Chavs are all talk and no action!

:lol:

Just a quickie

Dont laugh at me.... my excuse is im used to just wearing body armour

BUT.....

When adding a belt onto my tac vest should this be a seperate belt or should this be the belt on my trousers?

Which will stop it from moving around as much? :rolleyes:

If your playing in Woodland then try to keep one Camo Patten and if your looking for a effective camo for your simply open your eyes! :)

Look at the older players (Or the ones that strike out that they have been playing a couple of years) because they have had time to experiment and find out what best helps them to blend in or even study the landscape your self.... Note the natual colours around the ite and the shape and defination of the folage and pick the best camo for the site

How ever if your playing at a urban site a Full swat black suit will do just as much as a Borat Mankini! (we are talkingcamo wise.... You will be VERY exposed and subject to very funny looks if you go for the second option...)

But mostly Camo is more of a fashon statment in Airsoft but it dose help from time to time

But mostly Camo is more of a fashon statment in Airsoft

What he said.

I have been skirmishing for 5 years (normally 3-4 times a month as I am a marshall at my local site), and by far the cheapest and easiest loadout to rock is PMC/merc. Ball cap, fleece or polo shirt and combats. Oh and you can use any weapons you like.

http://www.brownwater.co.uk/index.php

I'm the guy in the middle :)

If you try to recreate any specific look; you better have deep pockets. As you seem to be in the forces just use your issue stuff if you have a tight budget.

You dont need to improve your rifle or gear to be a better airsofter :)

yeah the only problem is that issue stuff might not be what you want to use, as one of my mates, he has two sets of webbing, one for training, as he isn't old enough to fight yet, but one set for airsoft, just cos they're organised differently :) your choice

Yeh im the same... my webbing is set up for when i go out on training... as a medic i have alot of medical pouches attached to my webbing and it would be a bit of a pain in the arse if i carried that around with me during a skirmish day.

Im hoping that as soon as i get my multicam i can start using that, as of now i only have my desert issue from op herrick and my 95's, british dpm

• 2 weeks later...

tbh i think as long as your not wearing either a tracksuit or hi-vis your doing alright... i think it more important to be comfy than look good :)

atm i dont have great gear, im doing to use my work trousers (us cam style) my viper vest and some kind of hazmat/chemical suit..... of witch i have no real idea what it is!!!.

EDIT- ahhh i remember its an NBC suit... and i think its quite an old one at tht :) looks better than a normal top(i do hav the full suit but just wear the top)

Best option is to go with full British army dpm 95's. It's the best camo for this country that's what it was designed for. If u use multicam you will stand out as it was designed for afganistan. Best vest for a decent price is the south African assault vest in dpm. Plus get either a dpm bush hat or British army Kevlar helmet withvdpm cover. You should be able to get all that for under 100 quid if u try. Plus you will look the *******

Sam

I have a viper LA vest also. Don't like it zip unzips by itself whenever you run I've had to safety pin it before. It's ok but I won't be buying another. Or you could go for the DPM British army assault vest I have 3 of them 2 desert and one dpm. They are good but all the mag pouches are on one side so there can be issues with weight distribution. But if u carry gas ammo etc on the other side it balances out.

• 1 month later...
.... im gunna stand out enough being the only girl there at the weekend

Urghhh I know the feeling......

I'm Amanda by the way, it's nice to see a friendly female face around here :)

Archived