Hpa bucking?

ikarma70
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys I have heard that not all buckings work well with hpa systems and as my parts for my rpk conversion are on the way I wondered if the buckings I have will work.

They are as follows: g&g green, guarder clear silicon and a prommy purple trimmed for flat hop with namazu firefly, all will be fitted to a lonex hop unit to a zci stainless 6.03 x 500mm barrel.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!

Many thanks

Andy

• Root Admin

HPA is just a power source - bucking wise there's no difference between it and an AEG.

That said, because of the large volumes of air involved it can be easier to use slightly less obtrusive methods of hopping like flat or R-hop. Flat hopping is your best bet if you're new to it. Prometheus purple buckings are good, but just be wary that a year ago there were some QA issues so a lot of people were moving to G&G green (and some of those more poorly formed Prometheus buckings are still knocking around). Also Namazu Firefly and the Modify flat hop yield great results.

The Prometheus blue/straight bucking (made for flat hopping) is not very good. It's far too soft.

Remember to use an applicable flat-hop nub. You can make your own or buy Prometheus ones (which are widely available if a little overpriced). Firefly and Modify include them with their buckings, but you'll need a ~1mm dowel (toothpick or just some metal pins or a cut-down nail) to put through the middle of the Firefly one that you have.

Ammo is also very important though and is key to consistency if you want to get the most out of a flat hop. Don't skimp on it and if you play woodland then try to push for .30g if possible (.25g is an absolute minimum).

All in all I'd use your G&G green or Prometheus purple with the Namzu Firefly nub that you have.

Archived