A video showing how better quality BBs are better for accuracy

Mos
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This chap puts in some crap BBs to start, the accuracy is all over the shop, he then puts in some Geoffs, and it's a different story.

I kind of new the results, but didn't expect it to be like this. You may or may not of seen this, but it helped me a lot.

https://youtu.be/Nk4iDns2IYs

Am not saying the results would be very different, but unless the gun is clamped to the exact same spot then the results will be flawed.

Tbh, I think the bigger problem stems from using just 4 rounds for each type (which isn't nearly a large enough sample size to draw conclusions from + being given free bbs so there is then the argument of bias), that being said, based on reviews from others, I wouldn't expect different results, and I still want to get my hands on some!

We've probably all spent too many hours trying to figure out which barrel diameter/brand to get, but has anyone done a proper comparison/controlled test of different brands of ammunition? Once I've got a few things out of the way I'd be willing to compare different brands in a BASR, but what are opinions on what constitutes a fair, accurate test? And are they ever going to be any use given the huge range of combinations of power source, hop, barrel etc?

• Supporters

What do you want to test exactly?

I always said that the BB is what contributes to accuracy the most from all the upgrades. Hopup is the next, then the barrel.

The test would not be very useful though.

Get an average gun, so not exceptionally bad or good, clamp it down in a fixed position and take 5 shots to let's say 40 meters. Ignore the worst and then measure the circle radius of the impacts. Do this 5-10 times, then switch BB, repeat.

However as even the same brand-weight changes over time, this excessive test would expire in a few months/years.

It's not me,

I just found a video people may find interesting/useful

What do you want to test exactly?

I always said that the BB is what contributes to accuracy the most from all the upgrades. Hopup is the next, then the barrel.

The test would not be very useful though.

Get an average gun, so not exceptionally bad or good, clamp it down in a fixed position and take 5 shots to let's say 40 meters. Ignore the worst and then measure the circle radius of the impacts. Do this 5-10 times, then switch BB, repeat.

However as even the same brand-weight changes over time, this excessive test would expire in a few months/years.

This is what I was wondering. The test would be meaningless to anyone who hasn't got the same setup as the test rifle. And if the tolerances on the different brands wander...

Think I'll just stick to what I'm using. They go straight and pretty much hit the same spot every time! And to be honest I'd rather be out having a laugh than worrying whether brand X is 3% more accurate than brand Y.

It's not me,

I just found a video people may find interesting/useful

I subbed to his channel months ago, he has some cool sniper scopecam vids :-)

I subbed to his channel months ago, he has some cool sniper scopecam vids :-)

Yes, it's a cool video. Watched most (if not all) the Novritsch videos, so need some sniper people to watch.

He does some cool things.

Archived