Dye i4 eye protection

Elts7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening all.

Anyone had expereince with the dye i4 masks? Seen alot of good reviews on not fogging. In a right sweaty bastard and i find that my goggles / glasses always fog up even if im on the move alot.

Want other peoples opinions. Nothing came up when i searched for them.

Thanks

I have one and it didn't fog but it did run with water once I'd sweated enough in it and I did sweat a lot as I found it too constricting and didn't allow me to breath properly.... that is an issue I have with all masks though so that could be just me.

I have one and so far it has been great. On my last game I started experiencing fogging but don't know what was the reason, as it could have been multiple ones.

One, I was a bit more active resulting in my body generating more heat and swear.

Second, the winter time being colder that could influence the fogging.

And last the lens may be getting old, I had it for like half a year (usually you replace the lens once a year) and needs replacing, as it was fogging between lenses. It has two layers the exterior hard shell and the interior one which I believe is the one that has the anti-fog tech, both holding together with some adhesive dense foam.

I don't think I will change it soon as so far it has been great. Do take in consideration the mask is quite small (at least in my case) and doesn't cover the lower face so well (the chick is a bit exposed), if you open you mouth as wide as you can it will reveal you bottom teeth just under the mask (hard likely to get any hits unless you go full Bravehearth and shout Freeeedom). For me this works quite well as I have a small bladder and can easily hydrate during games.

You will have good field of view with it as the lens extends to the sides, so you will have good peripheral vision.

More to add to it is that the top part is quite wide so if you are wearing a helmet, it will require some modifications to it (plenty of tutorials on YouTube). I use a snap-back hat and I wear it backwards and always get shot in the bloody hole.

Thanks. I may pick one up nearer to xmas then. My current lower mesh doesnt cover my cheeks properly anywau so thats no concern to me. Just want to fix the fogging issue without the taking the mesh route.

• Head Moderator

The Dye i4 paintball mask is an excellent piece of kit and worth the cost. The full face protection suits me for playing CQB. I do get some moisture inside the mask from sweating, so some droplets/beads of water (not fogging) appear on the thermal lens which I shake out and dry between games. I have installed a FANZ quick disconnect kit to provide air flow, and spraying with Bod Heath also helps.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/28885-dye-i4-mask/?hl=fanz#entry220804

Yeah ill look into it. Im not great with electrics and etc. Are they easy to fit. I looked at the ess turbo fans but they seem quite pricey

The Dye i4 paintball mask is an excellent piece of kit and worth the cost. The full face protection suits me for playing CQB. I do get some moisture inside the mask from sweating, so some droplets/beads of water (not fogging) appear on the thermal lens which I shake out and dry between games. I have installed a FANZ quick disconnect kit to provide air flow, and spraying with Bod Heath also helps.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/28885-dye-i4-mask/?hl=fanz#entry220804

To mask or the helmet?

• Head Moderator

To mask or the helmet?

The fans are fitted onto the air vents on top of mask to push air into it; very useful when wearing the Fast helmet

I've had one a year, never let me down, and never fogged, this has been playing in rain, ice, cold, and some of the hottest days this year. Get one and see how it is, I doubt you'll need to worry about a fan.

I've got countless expensive and fancy guns, but still consider the i4 the best bit of kit I own.

Archived