Overseas Airsoft

Cheeserush
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Im probably one of the few who has. I started airsoft in the UK, and now live in the US. I still have guns in both countries. I bring gear (uniform, mags, accessories) across all the time, but not guns, as its just too much of a hassle.

Is that just because of American law or uk law? I ask that as aren't the Americans crazy about their laws for airsoft guns? I started the forum as I love going over seas and thought maybe that would be a good idea so I doubt it would be viable to buy guns for a 1 off!

• Supporters

Is that just because of American law or uk law? I ask that as aren't the Americans crazy about their laws for airsoft guns? I started the forum as I love going over seas and thought maybe that would be a good idea so I doubt it would be viable to buy guns for a 1 off!

Weeeeelllllll...

I'd say its more of a UK issue than a US one for me. I don't have a UKARA number anymore, as I no longer live in the UK. I actually brought 2 of my UK guns to the US during my last trip. All I did was write a note and put neon orange duct tape on the barrels, along with tape covering the markings saying that they were airsoft replicas. But I couldn't bring any into the UK without UKARA. I believe if I had a UKARA number I would be able to though.

Watching wih interest. My cousin in italy is well into his airsoft and is begging for me to come over for a game. But i think itd be way too much hassle trying to get a gun on hold luggage with sleazy jet.

Watching wih interest. My cousin in italy is well into his airsoft and is begging for me to come over for a game. But i think itd be way too much hassle trying to get a gun on hold luggage with sleazy jet.

Im almost 100% sure no airline would let you carry that on hold (im assuming you mean what id call hand luggage) luggage. But if you are flying with sleazy jet they will find some way to charge you double!

Im almost 100% sure no airline would let you carry that on hold (im assuming you mean what id call hand luggage) luggage. But if you are flying with sleazy jet they will find some way to charge you double!

Nah i meant 'hold luggage' as in to go in the aircraft hold, not as carry on. Bloody hard enough to get more simple items on in hand luggage lol.

Can understand the implied error. Most of my posts are done from my phone and sometimes my pigtit fingers get in the way!

Archived