Trump

Cheeserush
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Article 50 is irreversible though, so an inevitable result of triggering it is a change in law. There's simply no other way it can happen.

Which means that if you want to trigger article 50 then parliament needs to agree as it WILL result in changes to U.K. law.

• Supporters

Article 50 is irreversible though, so an inevitable result of triggering it is a change in law. There's simply no other way it can happen.

Which means that if you want to trigger article 50 then parliament needs to agree as it WILL result in changes to U.K. law.

They keep referring to this as firing a gun.....

Who is to say the bloody gun is on target to begin with

They don't know coz it hasn't been tested beforehand

EU or EU Parliament can over rule any proposals at the final say so

is why Cameron's EU deal wasn't worth jack $hit and Schultz has already said his EU Parliament could do this

There is no clear definition as to exactly when negotiations will exist - all written in pencil or might as well be

nobody has done it yet so there is no 101% previous example

Whilst negotiations are being conducted those EU laws & guidelines remain in place

The EU actual laws will still remain in place as UK leaves & will still exist using them same EU laws of today

so law wise nothing/little will change and before we leave parliament's approval will be sought to change any law

MP's to vote on this in Parliament - they should vote in accordance with their constituencies maybe ???

Oh goody gumdrops then coz that will equate to a 400 to 250 constituency vote to leave

the EU Referendum was setup as just 382 areas rather than 650 constituencies - weird but there ya go

When numerous studies have been conducted and converted they have placed the results as a range

400 to 420 Leave constituencies - think Ed Milliband's area/constituency voted to leave by over 70%

(yet Ed abstained on voting to hold EU referendum - cheers m8 for your lack of support/backbone)

Also worth noting we was supposed to hold a referendum promised by Labour on European Constitution Treaty that Ireland had and few others

But this was torn up and replaced with Lisbon Treaty without a referendum

At least 2 High Court challenges were made right up to the supreme court over this matter but failed

funny how the law works when it suits them

but yup ok - well I guess we shall see how it pans out until then we remain in limbo

• Supporters

I'm a unique/odd qwirky mofo at the best of times

Thing is this Trump malarky might strengthen UK's Brexit stance but we shall see

Now - in true Dem style Hilary supporters are complaining about her getting more votes (just) in people's vote - lol

Tough $hit - you should of fixed it in 2000 Busch Vs Gore....

Busch won scraping with a 271 - 266 seat victory

BUT - people votes was nearly 51 million to 50.5 million for Gore = half a million more votes than Busch but lost

Trump seems to be looking at 306 - 232 seat victory

But the people's vote may give Hilary 439,902 (0.3%) more votes than Trump - lol

306 to 232 is a f*cking decent victory by their own electorate standards

yes the college people vote should of been reviewed but Trump wasn't in politics - oops

It is a dumb ar$e system they should of changed 16 years ago

California has 55 seats - if Hilary gets 28 seats & Trump gets 27 - ALL 55 seats go to Hilary - WTF !!!!!!!!

This gets even WTF when you consider Florida pulled in over 9 million voters to California's 8.6m

yet it has 55 to 29 seats - yeah that is one f*cked up system you run there chaps

Trump knew this and didn't bother to push for California - Hilary wins that with a smashing 5m to 2.5m majority

However Trump goes nutz on all the major swing states instead and look what happened......

(No point worrying about CA with massive Hispanic and loads of vocal celebs turning against him)

F*ck me - he isn't such a dumb ar$e as many thought

Obama must be thinking he shouldn't of mocked him in 2011 & throwing all his support behind Hilary that he despised in the past

Yeah but it ain't Hilary he will be handing the keys over to - but that guy he mocked

Some serious amounts of Sudocrem needed for some serious butt hurt

No I don't think Trump is perfect - f*ck me far far from it

but it is funny that a crooked businessman beat a crooked politician, even though she had so much on her side

2016 - Year of "DA FUG" - the politicians & media all got Trump'd

• Supporters

Personally the thing like Trump being a climate change denier and putting a creationist in as Secretary of State worries me more if only for the future of US kids and education.

I do wonder how much of his election campaign rhetoric will actually translate into action though. The "ban all Muslims" comment has already mysteriously disappeared from his website. I daresay there'll never be a wall along the Mexican border either. That will have been "metaphorical" no doubt...

• Supporters

I do wonder how much of his election campaign rhetoric will actually translate into action though. The "ban all Muslims" comment has already mysteriously disappeared from his website. I daresay there'll never be a wall along the Mexican border either. That will have been "metaphorical" no doubt...

Probably very little - doubt if he can send all Syrian's Mexican's back

But will restrict future immigrants

Building a wall - well that has been going on anyway for a decade or more but maybe complete it & maintain it

He won't just be able to create jobs out of thin air all of a sudden - it has declined over decades of cheap outsourcing

Don't think he will be allowed to tear up everything Obama has done - even his own lot won't allow too much of of all that

He wants to Stop this & Stop that but destroy ISIS - hmmm easier said than done

Maybe restrict the arms sales & reduce sticking nose into other countries but Mr President that provides a large revenue for our ecconomy

I'll dig some crap out but think he will be lucky if he even pulls off a quarter of the crap he said he would do

(blimey for a politician that is quite a good record when you think about it)

• Supporters

Trump's First briefing by the CIA, Pentagon, FBI:

Trump: We must destroy ISIS immediately. No delays.

CIA: We cannot do that, sir. We created them along with Turkey, Saudi, Qatar and others.

Trump: The Democrats created them.

CIA: We created ISIS, sir. You need them or else you would lose funding from the natural gas lobby.

Trump: Stop funding Pakistan. Let India deal with them.

CIA: We can't do that.

Trump: Why is that?

CIA: India will cut Balochistan out of Pak.

Trump: I don't care.

CIA: India will have peace in Kashmir. They will stop buying our weapons. They will become a superpower. We have to fund Pakistan to keep India busy in Kashmir.

Trump: But you have to destroy the Taliban.

CIA: Sir, we can't do that. We created the Taliban to keep Russia in check during the 80s. Now they are keeping Pakistan busy and away from their nukes.

Trump: We have to destroy terror sponsoring regimes in the Middle East. Let us start with the Saudis.

Pentagon: Sir, we can't do that. We created those regimes because we wanted their oil. We can't have democracy there, otherwise their people will get that oil - and we cannot let their people own it.

Trump: Then, let us invade Iran.

Pentagon: We cannot do that either, sir.

Trump: Why not?

CIA: We are talking to them, sir.

Trump: What? Why?

CIA: We want our Stealth Drones back. If we attack them, Russia will obliterate us as they did to our buddy ISIS in Syria. Besides we need Iran to keep Israel in check.

Trump: Then let us invade Iraq again.

CIA: Sir, our friends (ISIS) are already occupying 1/3rd of Iraq.

Trump: Why not the whole of Iraq?

CIA: We need the Shi'ite govt of Iraq to keep ISIS in check.

Trump: I am banning Muslims from entering US.

FBI: We can't do that.

FBI: Then our own population will become fearless.

Trump: I am deporting all illegal immigrants to south of the border.

Border patrol: You can't do that, sir.

Border patrol: If they're gone, who will build the wall?

Trump: I am banning H1B visas.

USCIS: You cannot do that.

Trump: Why?

Chief of Staff: If you do so, we'll have to outsource White House operations to Bangalore. Which is in India.

Trump (sweating profusely by now): What the hell should I do as President???

CIA: Enjoy the White House, sir! We will take care of the rest!

• 2 years later...

It's been too long since I've been away from good ol London, and I'm now deep in the United States surrounded by Trump supporters. Have any of you blokes been able to have a fruitful discussion with a Trump supporter? As in get him or her to agree with you on a few things the Donald has done that are bad for the world? 

Ha ha any discussion of anything with people with strongly held views is pointless if you want to change their minds.

The real point in those types of discussions is to try and help bystanders t see all the points and be swayed, not to try and changed entrenched opinions

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Ha ha any discussion of anything with people with strongly held views is pointless if you want to change their minds.

The real point in those types of discussions is to try and help bystanders t see all the points and be swayed, not to try and changed entrenched opinions

Bit of info for the bystanders then:

18 indictments and 4 guilty pleas dealt to Trump's administration this year. Seems to be an awful lot of witches for a "phony witch hunt" as he put it on Twitter! :lol:

Something I don't quite understand is that Americans just are in the habit of getting either enraged about everything, or labelling "the other side" a couple of expletives and just refusing to compromise. Adult mature conversation is rare amongst policymakers and debaters here. 

• Head Moderator
46 minutes ago, SAS1988 said:

Something I don't quite understand is that Americans just are in the habit of getting either enraged about everything, or labelling "the other side" a couple of expletives and just refusing to compromise. Adult mature conversation is rare amongst policymakers and debaters here. 

Brexit?  Exactly the same situation here in the UK, the US is not unique or necessarily any worse. 

Archived