Battery Charging Question

Cold.
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

Is it perfectly fine to charge a cheap 3800mAh battery at a charge rate of 3.5A, using a Pro-Peak 2500 charger? I'd imagine it would be fine, but I have got a 'hand

me down' gun from my brother. The batteries he used with it will not hold a charge any more, and he said that it couldn't be charged at the 3.5A rate, and had to stay charging for 24+ hour on trickle charge - it was a 3700mah battery if that matters. :/

Quoting from another forum after some nice 'googling'

it does only charge at 3.5a but as its a peak charger, if your charging anything above a 3500mah pack then stick it back on, it will shut off once its full.

they might not be the best charger in the world, but if your on a budget, there good enough for most.

So does this all seem fine? Also it will be a cheap battery, just temporary hopefully to see what the gun is like - if that matters. Cheers,

David.

PS: The buttons/fonts on this forum are fit!

• AF-UK Founding Member

Thanks for the compliment on the buttons.

Charging at 3.5A should be fine, just don't go over 3.8A for the 3800. For your 3700 don't go over 3700. If it's a really old battery it is probably worth just buying new. It shouldn't make a difference whether you trickle charge it or fast charge.

Archived