Lets go together

CanErdogan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi folks,

As you all know, airsoft fields are usually far away from public transport and I thought maybe we can share the details of our upcoming game plan and maybe another airsofter can join in journey.

We can share the fare and have a chat on the way. WIN - WIN !

I thought it may be like this;

Planned date :

Field :

Empty space in car :

Possible pickup spot :

Cheers,

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a pretty decent idea actually. Although i can see how a certain level of trust would be required between those involved.

I agree its a fantastic concept and I think if a proper thread is opened then it could work really well, but thats just my opinion!

• Supporters

Although implementing it on the forum for the whole UK is not going to work.

You will need to find the airsofters who live around you and carpool. Even the people going to the same site are going from different towns so they can't pick you up.

However a method to find airosfters living in your vicinity would be great. I will have a think about it. A simple website where you can register, set where you are and share your contact info. And then search for others in an area.

the whole UK is not going to work.

Even the people going to the same site are going from different towns so they can't pick you up.

They are two very important points and was more what I was trying to get at but my technical lingo is not great. However your website idea is also a good one!

Creating a website is amazing idea, I am a software developer myself in ASP .Net web technologies. I am up to help as much as I can.

Meanwhile, we can at least create a new category and inside of it we can add all the game fields to that category, so, people can write under that topic and PM each other. Which may even help other people to find new places to go !

Nice idea , not sure it needs a dedicated site but most forums have sub sections for the different sites so that would be where you can request/ offer lifts.

Great ideea, but take in consideration the fact that most of the time, airsofters carry a whole arsenal with them plus other crap they don't need (myself included), so you need a car with large storage.

Would totally be up for this idea.

I started working on this, just for fun, but since I'm not a native English speaker I could only come up with AirsoftBuddy as the name.

Any good ideas?

Thats a good idea youv done starting it already, i quite like the name AirsoftBuddy/buddys its the same like, have you anyway of showing what youv came up with at all possable layout etc?

• Supporters

I got the framework ready, and the look and feel. It's mobile friendly too. Registering and logging in works. And I have a text file with my ramblings that I call Vision. :)

post-9022-0-19555900-1478684214_thumb.jpg

The basic idea is that when you register you enter your postcode. Then on a map you can see other users around you without seeing any personal information about them. Just an ID. You can then send a buddy request with a short text like "I'm going to x event, anyone needs a ride?" and if the other user accepts it then you both can see eachother's profile. On the profile it's up to you what contact method you share. Phone number, FB, forum profile link, etc.

The users will get an email if they haven't used the site for let's say 2 months to confirm that they are still there. Everyone can have 2-3 locations so people moving around don't need more than one account.

The site is only for airsofters. Companies and advertisers will be banned.

The basic idea is that when you register you enter your postcode. Then on a map you can see other users around you without seeing any personal information about them. Just an ID. You can then send a buddy request with a short text like "I'm going to x event, anyone needs a ride?" and if the other user accepts it then you both can see eachother's profile. On the profile it's up to you what contact method you share. Phone number, FB, forum profile link, etc.

What other information will be available attached to the ID? I imagine it would be useful to have each person's attended top 5 airsoft sites ranked by frequency (over last 24 months)? And possibility whether they usually attend by public transport/walking, personal transport, commercial transport (taxi)?

You could also add "carpool spaces" if they own a car.

This is a lovely idea.

• Supporters

What other information will be available attached to the ID? I imagine it would be useful to have each person's attended top 5 airsoft sites ranked by frequency (over last 24 months)? And possibility whether they usually attend by public transport/walking, personal transport, commercial transport (taxi)?

You could also add "carpool spaces" if they own a car.

This is a lovely idea.

Good ideas. I was only thinking about "owns a car", but yours is better.

Keeping track of attended games is I think more than most users would do, but preferred sites is definitely a good thing to have.

An other publicly visible info would be the number of their buddies. As a kind of reputation indicator.

Keeping track of attended games is I think more than most users would do, but preferred sites is definitely a good thing to have.

I meant it more as a basic predefined table with 5 drop down boxes for users to rank in relation to a very simple question "Please list the five sites you most frequently attended in the last 2 years, descending order", admittedly that would require data entry of a list of all airsoft sites (For each one: Site name, town, organiser, postcode). And a button to "report airsoft site not listed".

A person might by this data see someone living near them and find that person's 2nd most visited site to be one they'd never heard of which is not far away.

Not allowing custom data entry is useful for obvious reasons. :)

Plus it also opens up the possibility adding search functionality after a year or so: "find person within 10 miles, owns car, lists site X and Y as their two most visited sites", or "find person travelling by taxi within 5 miles with site X in their top 5".

Yeah great, Tinder for airsoft players.

LMAO! Witty and quick, I approve!

A good comparison, but at least the whoring will be purely vehicular related and consensual in this case :)

It would be handy for people like me who don't drive or have no one close to share taxis etc

Itd be good. Not many airsofters around me in leicester so would be a hood opertunity to meet new people. Could make a good app too possibly?

Archived