Lets go together

CanErdogan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As I don't own a car it is difficult for me to go to some interesting sites around. This would be great for me. Cheaper than taxi and added social elements of meeting local players. ;):)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Itd be good. Not many airsofters around me in leicester so would be a hood opertunity to meet new people. Could make a good app too possibly?

The site is going to be (if I can finish it) mobile first, so it's just creating a shortcut for it and it's almost like an app.

But an app can easily be created from it and then mobile stuff would be available to the app, like push notifications, location info, etc.

Keep the ideas coming guys, they are great. :)

Yeah great, Tinder for airsoft players.

lol

I think itd be good to have a local area for example 5 mile radius to see whos around you with a user id or something. Abit like pokemon go if you get me where you can see poke stops?

Sounds like a great idea. Especially for those who are new and dont have any buddies to go with.

Yeah i mean my friends dont always go. Ibe got a huge boot on my car and 3 extra seats

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I just dropped in to say that the development is still going strong. About 75% of the functionality is there. Knowing me, it should get into beta in a few weeks and then I'll look for a few beta testers here.

Thoughts on things to consider:

- Can the vehicle cope with uneven/dirt tracks? (My car really struggled at RIFT Coms Site 3 last time and had to be pushed out).

- Seats available/boot space available

- Folding split seats?

Put me in for the beta when it goes live, I like giving lifts when someone's in a pickle :)

Thoughts on things to consider:

- Can the vehicle cope with uneven/dirt tracks? (My car really struggled at RIFT Coms Site 3 last time and had to be pushed out).

- Seats available/boot space available

- Folding split seats?

Put me in for the beta when it goes live, I like giving lifts when someone's in a pickle :)

Donnt think the car capability is needed as they would know if theyre driving where youre going?

Yeah great, Tinder for airsoft players.

Well, don't forget the magical "this user is online RIGHT NOW - MESSAGE THEM" you-know-you-wants-sex message then.

:rolleyes:

I've never used tinder, so I don't know if that's accurate, but if I had a fone...

...I still wouldn't.

Donnt think the car capability is needed as they would know if theyre driving where youre going?

True

The cars won't be specified in that detail. It's only: gives a ride, needs a ride, public transport, loner. There is a free text input where you can enter that detail.

And location?

I really like this idea, I'm happy to give lifts, just need to take the child seats out the back and I can take 3 people. Might be worth mentioning the make and colour of the car so people know what to look out for when getting picked up, like taxi firms do.

guys, i couldnt go to game last week, i got new vest and it didnt fit my backpack, then anger and dispute bla bla bla you know how this goes.

so, i really need someone to share the ride..

Where are you fellow londoners?

I live in central london (around Oxford circus)

anger and dispute bla bla bla you know how this goes.

Really selling yourself there :P

guys, i couldnt go to game last week, i got new vest and it didnt fit my backpack, then anger and dispute bla bla bla you know how this goes.

so, i really need someone to share the ride..

Where are you fellow londoners?

I live in central london (around Oxford circus)

Do you have facebook? I'm also from London.

This sounds like a great idea (and one with future commercial potential if it proves popular/useful).

I'd be up for participation and collaboration in the form of ideas/feedback, if needed.

The age might be a good information to show but there is no way to check it. Maybe age ranges? Like teen, young adult, etc. This does sound tinder-ish. :)

What is your age?

Option 1: Adult (18+)

Option 2: Adult (18+)

You really don't want to be getting legal advice. :)

• Supporters

Hi everyone who is still interested in this project.

The AirsoftBuddy is now in open beta.

Currently it's on http://www.mggroup.hu/airsoftbuddy

Feel free to test it.

"AirsoftBuddy is now in beta. This means not all the planned functionality is there yet. You have been invited to test what is there. So if you find a problem with a function, don't hesitate to send me the details of it. Your BuddyCode, OS, browser and a good description of what happened.

For now, comment it here. Later I will get a better place for it.

This is just testing. Please be aware that sometimes the page will not be available, accounts or data will be deleted from time to time. The address of the page will also change.

One thing to look for apart from the bugs is how easy is to understand what's happening. I would be very grateful if you fix my English.

Thank you for your help!

Samurai"

you know what ?

this is going to ROCK and ROLL !!

we need to post this topic in other forums too to increase the participant number

I loved the simplicity and visualisation

only suggestion is after registration I didnt read the info and tried to log in and I couldnt do it of course. Then I checked my email and saw activation mail. That can be made more obvious on login maybe. Like "You need to activate this email adress" type of thing.

also needs a ride, public transport, gives a ride bars needs and native English person touch. It was confusing for non-english natives like me.

Archived