Where did you start/get the idea of Airsoft?

Mos
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'll start,

I was thinking, yeah let's go do some paintball, I think shooting people is fun, and it's a different type of exercise to others. Exercise + Shooting = good. Watched a paintball sniper vid, and cheeky lil Novritsch pops up on the recommended of that video.

I check the video out, and airsoft looks so much more cooler. Legit looking guns, probably more accurate, and generally more realism.

Looking back, airsoft is much better than paintball..

What about yourself?

I done it a few years ago on a day out with a course i was on & always wanted to get back to it again so i started it up, i agree some excerise and shooting people = good crack

In the late 90's where there wasn't so many rules and and reg's there were no such thing as nerf guns but me and a few mates had a big back garden and wanted to shoot each other!

I don't ever want to grow up lol. I must admit things have changed for the better though.

I went clay pigeon shooting for my Mrs birthday. They also do airsoft at that site. One of the marshalls i got talking to, told me to give it a try. I went down for a for a game and rented a gun and i never looked back.

Customer came into a shop I worked in about 10 years ago and we ended up chatting, he mentioned airsoft and said I should go and I could use his kit. We went a week later and I've been in and out of it since

Built a fair collection of LS kits in late 80s (low priced, all plastic, low powered springer rifs from a model shop well before VCR or AEGs were thought of,) this progressed naturally to back garden battles with my brother and mates, and a couple of times venturing to local woodland, all very foolhardy and irresponsible looking back but different times, and youthful ignorance. Certainly wouldn't recommend doing that now. After growing up and several years collecting newer TM springers and AEG's finally got to my first game in 2004 and didn't look back, although hardly played this year due to work.

Archived