On the brink!

Samuelol
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So the time has come. I'm finally happy with the externals of my (very heavy) new gun. It consists of a mix of magpul, FAB defense and madbull spikes tactical/OSS. It's time to sort out the HPA internals.

My end goal is range and accuracy. As I'm locking to semi, I'd like to push my local sites 500fps limit too. Of course I won't be using .2s but the ability to lob something heavier, at a decent fps, is appealing.

What HPA system would you guys recommend I go for?

I had also decided on an orga magnus 6.23 inner, flat hopped. Can I realistically expect to retain power whilst using such a wide bore?

I appreciate your guidance guys.

Many thanks,

Sam.

post-5008-0-91001900-1478285596_thumb.jpg

I doubt many places in the UK will let you use a 500FPS HPA DMR.

Orga barrels are meh at best. If you have the cash go EdGi or PDI. As for the hop up and lifting heavier ammo, Maple Lead Decepticon bucings are good, or Rhop or Sugru patch. Use a flat nub with all of them.

Thanks for your input buddy. My local does beyond 20 meters. If they decide to change that, or I'm at a different site, I've got no problem tuning down.

Really appreciate the advice regarding barrel/hopup choice. Narrows down a few options nicely.

Cheers mate.

Are you on crack?

Not at all, but for the price PDI/EdGi is probably a better choice in my personal opinion.

There was a load of hype over Orga's and when actually tested they aren't the be all and end all people made them out to be. My experience of them hasn't warranted the cost.

I'm interested to know what site will allow a 500fps dmr that can be spammed to he'll, I certainly don't know of any in the uk

I had also decided on an orga magnus 6.23 inner, flat hopped. Can I realistically expect to retain power whilst using such a wide bore?

Hi, I have an Orga 6.23 x 455mm barrel for sale, hardly used as I sold the gun it was in.

"500fps with any electric, gas or hpa semi auto with 20m engagement range and no trigger fanning".

No worries if it turns out that's not the case, can always tune down :)

PT247 - pm'd you buddy.

I'm interested to know what site will allow a 500fps dmr that can be spammed to he'll, I certainly don't know of any in the uk

Some of the HPA FCU have a rate of fire lock. I believe the polarstar one goes up for to 10 seconds, but in all seriousness 1.5-2 seconds puts it on par with a bolty (ignore magazines).

• Root Admin

Little bit late to the party but having run both 6.13 and 6.23 Orgas for about a year I can tell you that whilst they're excellent barrels, they aren't steel (the 6.13 is coated brass and the 6.23 just brass) and they don't really perform any better than EdGI or PDI. They are really good though, but extremely pricey and just can't compete with EdGI or PDI at this point. The reason I mention steel is simply that the crowing on brass ones is a tiny bit more susceptible to damage, but only if you're sticking the thing in the mud or have a barrel way too long for your outer that makes its way into the flash hider.

I'm also not sure of any intrinsic value to wider bores even in rifles that spit huge volumes of air like the Daytona Gun. They really only serve to dampen muzzle velocity to site limits (which is what I initially used my 6.23 for).

Basically, go PDI. Free shipping on orders over 3000yen anyway (which you'll easily hit as most of their rifle length barrels start at 4500). I'd go for a 6.05 just to stop it jamming with crappy ammo, and because they're a little cheaper (also they're easier to R-hop reliably later on). Remember that it's surface finish that results in consistent shooting (alongside a stable muzzle velocity and decent hop unit/rubber) and not how wide the bore is.

For the actual engine I'd just go with what you're comfortable with paying for as they're basically all the same with negligible air savings depending on how much you spend. The Polarstar Jack is a good entry-level. Both Wolverine and Polarstar make a bluetooth FCU if you're interested in that (though for $100 I see them as being slightly too pricey for the utility they provide - which isn't much outside of the initial setup).

Cheers buddy I appreciate your extensive input. I'm not rejecting your advice whatsoever but I have just purchased a 6.23 orga used, at a very reasonable price. If it doesn't perform, I'll give your suggestions a try.

I've also decided on a wolverine inferno. The price is reasonable and the unit has a large following at my local site so - plenty of techy support!

Thanks again all, I appreciate all of your guidance.

Archived