Membership help

AirWalk-13
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Only for that site. For instance, as I live in the US I dont have a UKARA number anymore. But I do hold site membership at The Mall. So I can buy RIFs there, or second-hand, but not from any other stores.

Im a member of a airsoft skirmish club, is a site membership without owning a ukara, just along the same lines as having the ukara itself ?

Yes in every respect so long as they are insured in the manner stated in the VCRA2006. However it will still be a lot more difficulty to buy/import than having a ukara number - but you should be able to do everything a ukara number would make available.

If you want to buy from a walk in store then having your site membership card with you should mean that they can sell to you without a problem. UKARA just makes it easier for them to check you out on the UKARA online database.

Ok thats no problem mate thank for the info, i just didnt really understand it & what kind of way it worked but that helped to understand it better#

Ukara is just one way of proving a defence, and its thorough, if you are on the Ukara database a site has confirmed you have played there 3 times in over 56 days. If you have played that much at yours then you can get added to the Ukara database easily enough.

However if you have a membership at the site yet havent played those 3 games in that period to qualift for "full membership" you can still use your membership as a defence. For example if you had membership cards at 2 or more sites and hadnt played 3 times at any of them you wouldnt be eligible for Ukara registration, but its still a good enough defence to buy a RIF, but expect to provide evidence and ID etc.

Patrolbase for example do not require every buyer to have Ukara, in fact if you play just once at their site and get a form signed to show you have, and then pay a membership fee in the shop you can buy a gun on the very first day you have played. The defence is you have played airsoft and they have rock solid proof of it.

Ukara is a great tool for retailers to have, but as long as you can prove you airsoft they will take that as a defence, although you will have to contact the store etc to provide the evidence so its a little more involved.

Archived