Importing from HK

abbadon101
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I will be getting my membership card through in the next week or so from the site I play at, and have been looking to buy my first AEG and kit. Money isn't the biggest problem for me due to living at home with next to no rent :) so I decided to get a gun that would stand me in good stead for a while.

First off I have shopped around sites based in the UK and next to no-one seems to sell the AEG I have my heart set on which is a King Arms M4A1. So I decided to look at Hong Kong websites for an idea of what prices they might be.

The site I came across that really caught my eye was eHobbyAsia.com, I found that they had a really good range of stuff and ran up a potential list of what I might buy as my first kit.

Here is a list of what I am aiming to buy (feedback on what is good is appreciated)

• King Arms M4A1
  • MAG M4 130 rnd Midcaps (pack of 8) or King Arms M4 120 rnd Midcaps (pack of 10)
  • G&P 9.6V 2200mAh Twin battery
  • Three Point Sling (just so I don't drop it)
  • And possible a KJW Sig P226 GBB Pistol and spare mag
  • SAAV in DPM (but not from eHobby)

I did my research and looked at reviews of the retailer and was pleased by the results as almost all said they were fast and reliable (only a couple of complaints and both appeared to have had their stuff seized at customs).

Has any one had experience with eHobby or other HK retailers that could offer me advice on importing airsoft kit into the UK

• Supporters

basically you can do it, but you got to speak to ehobby and ask them to attach a copy of your UKARA to the package, when custom's check it they will hopefully see this or.. failing that they will send you a defence form in the post asking you to prove you are legal to own a RIF, so you send them a copy of your UKARa and your loacl skrimish contact number, then they will send the weapon to you and a rip off "holding" charge ;)

hope this helps.

Thank you for the advice. I have heard horror stories of people kit being held for months even after they have sent the UKARA and membership stuff off.

• 4 weeks later...

Many orders with ehobbyasia, very good service and good price. Never waiting more than 7 working days for stuff on average.

Just make sure youve got your ukara number and itll come good in the end.

Many orders with ehobbyasia, very good service and good price. Never waiting more than 7 working days for stuff on average.

Just make sure youve got your ukara number and itll come good in the end.

Hi does this include any RIFs or just accessories for them .

• 2 months later...

Archived