Plate Carrier Choice

Max2000
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Some Blackhawk ones similar to those worn in '13 Hours...' on eBay for £25 atm...

Or you could get a set of upgrade shoulder pads like the Pig brigadier pads. Really comfy even when running genuine sapi plates

Some Blackhawk ones similar to those worn in '13 Hours...' on eBay for £25 atm...

Can you please send a link (i cant find any)

That link in your OP is a replica of the LBT 6094A. Look like it to me anyway. I have one and it's nice but I wouldn't recommend it if you're a skinny guy. I was very skinny for a few years and never used the vest as it didn't adjust small enough and sit as it was designed too. But now I have more money to spend on fast food, it fits fine, although it did require some minor cummerbund fuckery.

Honestly, I would recommend you keep the JPC and buy nicer shoulder pads as recommended by Torment. JPC is currently your best bet, in my opinion.

Is there any other plate carriers that are similar to JPC ? (I might get a new JPC with shoulder pads)

Is there a plate carrier that has padds on inside?

I have an emerson JPC that I did some DIY work to it. I've attached to it some shoulder pads from some old laptop bags plus (gel inserts, compy as a pair of tits) and I've added some quick release buckle on the side to easily remove it.

I have an emerson JPC that I did some DIY work to it. I've attached to it some shoulder pads from some old laptop bags plus (gel inserts, compy as a pair of tits) and I've added some quick release buckle on the side to easily remove it.

If I buy another PC it will definitely be one which can be removed without going over the head.

If you are looking for a 6094, I have a FLYYE one for sale for £100 if you check my posts?

May be of intrest but you wont be getting a crappy chinease replica.

Thanks

Flyye is a Chinese replica!

The Flyye copy of the 6094 is a 6094B, if you're a small guy it's not going to fit properly

Its not your typical replica. The quality of FLYYE gear is so much higher than that of the TMC, King Arms, Condor etc copies...

Infact, the quality of the material is higher than standard issue gear.

Thanks

If you are looking for a 6094, I have a FLYYE one for sale for £100 if you check my posts?

May be of intrest but you wont be getting a crappy chinease replica.

Thanks

Noway that's worth £100, I imported mine for £65 new; admittedly as part of a $600 order and i'm not counting shipping (and it skated through VAT) as I just tacked the PC on. But you can ignore me now the pound vs dollar has fallen.

Infact, the quality of the material is higher than standard issue gear.

Is that why it's so awkward? :P

Noway that's worth £100, I imported mine for £65 new (admittedly as part of a $600 order and i'm not counting shipping (and it skated through VAT) as I just tacked the PC on).

But you can ignore me now the pound vs dollar has fallen.

Is that why it's so awkward? :P

You pay £120-£160 in the UK for one.

http://www.military1st.co.uk/fy-vt-m025-kh-flyye-new-molle-lt6094-vest-khaki.html

http://www.military1st.co.uk/fy-vt-m025-fg-flyye-new-molle-lt6094-vest-a-tacs-fg.html

Used only once, and you get all the pouches with it as well..... I would say its worth £100.

But some are just born cheap. Cant help that

• Supporters

Quality of materials is better than standard issue gear to who? Better than standard issue to the Congolese army for sure, probably also better than standard issue to the Chinese army.

1000D cordura is very hard wearing but also very heavy, LBT (the people who make the real 6094) use 500D because it's durable enough and half the weight of 1000D.

Flyye stuff is ok, but really it's all still just Chinese knock offs.

1000D cordura is very hard wearing but also very heavy, LBT (the people who make the real 6094) use 500D because it's durable enough and half the weight of 1000D.

Flyye stuff is ok, but really it's all still just Chinese knock offs.

Indeed, using stronger stuff as a crutch for other mistakes/cost cutting.

You pay £120-£160 in the UK for one.

http://www.military1st.co.uk/fy-vt-m025-kh-flyye-new-molle-lt6094-vest-khaki.html

http://www.military1st.co.uk/fy-vt-m025-fg-flyye-new-molle-lt6094-vest-a-tacs-fg.html

Used only once, and you get all the pouches with it as well..... I would say its worth £100.

These Flyye stuff wholesale for less than half their uk retail price, unfortunately in order for their prices to match their quality against other Chinese clones they do get priced up (+VAT) in the UK.

But you don't have to convince me Flyye is good, i've spent $600 on their gear.

EDIT: My browser would not load the images earlier, I spoke without seeing the pouches, I was only referring to the plate carrier itself, not your listing.

How can a manufactured item be born? That doesn't make sense.

Going back a step though, the plate carrier + pouches combo you're selling is a good deal for anyone that'll fit into a 6094B

With the £ slippage, it sure is. :)

I think that i will stick whith the one i have mentioned at the start (LBT replica) (link above), It has everything that i need and also seems to be my size. (I am not small but not a big guy, 177cm high :) ) I am also ordering a battle belt, so It seems like it is going to suit it perfectly ;)

Archived