Upgrade for Well MB4410

Cartello
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everybody! I'm asking for someone who's better than me in the airsoft world to help a noob :D. My goal is to buy a sniper rifle and then upgrade it to at least 3J for target practice only but the problem is that i don't know if some parts are compatible with specifics airsoft rifles. This is what i'm gonna buy( http://www.target-softair.com/cat0_348/fucili-sniper-bolt-action/p612816-sniper-extreme-ops-mod.4410-new-2016.php), does anyone knows what should i upgrade for this and where can i buy it? Thank you :rolleyes: :D

From experience playing around with a Well MB 01 there's going to be very little left of the original rifle, and a largish hole in your wallet to achieve what amounts to a 600fps/ 02g BB gun. It can be done though. Probably the first thing to figure out is how you want to achieve the power. This comes down to a very strong spring and all the upgrades required to stop the thing pulling itself apart, or something like the CO2 powered Mancraft gas bolt, which puts far less stress on the internals.

Next up is how to achieve the accuracy, which is a whole other kettle of fish!

Good luck with it though. It's addictive. :)

Actually, thinking about your question if you want something for target practise you'd be better off spending your cash on an air rifle rather than an airsoft gun. They are simply far more inherently accurate. For around £200 you could have something that'll shoot 25 mm groups at 40m all day long.

• Supporters

Well mb01 is a totally different gun

The well mb44xx is based off the tm l96, not as many upgrade options as a mb01 or a vsr based rifle.

Speaking as a tm l96 owner, I have the airsoft pro kit in mine atm (but I am using a pdi spring iirc as it's longer then a standard vsr spring, and the airsoft pro was too powerful and cutting it down didn't help), but mancraft is making a hpa kit for them ... I am sooo gunna upgrade as soon as I can. The good news is the hop is really good (in the tm version anyway) and I can lift 0.43's with 2 clicks left on the hop (no upgrade arm atm unfortunately).

I think I'd go as far as quite different rather than totally different. ;-)

At the end of the day they're all bolt action spring compression rifles and whatever you start off with, building a 3J tack driver out of an inherently flawed £120(ish) toy that doesn't try to self dissemble every time it's cocked takes time, money, a fair bit of research plus some trial and error.

It's useful to know that as standard some of the components work well and equally useful to know that you either have limited or extensive options when it comes to upgrades.

• Supporters

Are you speaking from experience of owning/using either gun?

Hell why not just use vsr parts as it's only "quite different" ;-)

(Do not use vsr parts lol)

My MB 01 has probably been in pieces more than it's been together! I've been inside a couple of other clones including a JG BASR and no name gas pistols. The one thing they have in common is very similar manufacturing processes and materials, albeit with a significant variation in the quality of the fit, finish and tolerances. Very much a case of you get what you pay for.

Some products are always going to be a better base depending on the result you want to arrive at. Can we agree that a 90° trigger is more effective and efficient than a 45° trigger when using high power springs? Or that an aluminium cylinder is going to be far closer to its failure point with the same spring and you might need a steel aftermarket item?

My point is that whatever base you start from, achieving 3J and enough accuracy for satisfying target practise is a big ask.

I'm certain that your TM is both better made, nicer to use and more accurate out of the box than any Well product, and so it should be, but for a bit of target practise the same money will get you a nice little air rifle that will beat a BB gun hands down.

But this is side tracking the OPs original question.

If you want to put the time, effort and money into building a BB target rifle start with the barrel, hop, bucking and nub. Well barrels are OK but they're not great. Do your research and find out what fits and what doesn't. Get it shooting straight first and then figure out whether you actually need any more power.

Do try and make the best of the parts that the rifle came with. Strip it down and clean and re lubricate with better products. Do the simple mods that improve air seal and consistency, like the dental floss bucking mod. Figure out where the manufacturing tolerances allow movement that can be tuned out. This can be as simple as a couple of wraps of PTFE tape on the threads between mating parts or a few drops of thread lock in the right place. Stabilise the inner barrel to the outer with simple wraps of masking tape to make barrel spacers. The list goes on!

You need to be prepared to experiment and find your own solutions. I've read so many threads where someone had asked, "How should I upgrade xxxx gun? ", and they've received a load of confusing and contradictory answers, or followed advice without understanding how things work and should be installed and the impact it might have on other components.

There are some excellent examples of sniper builds you can look up and mimic, but buying and assembling the parts is only part of it. If you don't put them together carefully with an understanding of why and how you'll likely end up a bit disappointed.

Archived