A great day at Gunman Airsoft in Eversley

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

How nice it is to report that on Saturday, my son and I had a great day out in Eversley with the Gunman organisation.

The milsim theme is definitely more interesting than the 30 minute pew pew games that you get at 'skirmish' sites.

It seemed to me that there was a lot of regulars there but they were all helpful and friendly enough. The site is massive and I spent a lot of time "lost" but that was my first visit. There were around 60 folks there but because of the size of the place, it didn't seem crowded at all.

There are loos on site and a cafe and the owner, Josh has the ability to make everyone feel welcome while at the same time organising the days events.

I hope that one day, they produce a downloadable document with a site map and all of the game rules for you to read before your arrive but other than that, I can't complain.

TIP: If you like to organise your kit and have a base for the day, bring a folding table and some folding chairs.

You can also camp on site Friday and Saturday nights which I would have loved to do but couldn't get everything together in time.

A lot of people use radios which adds to the tactical and teamwork side of the game.

TIP: Get your radios programmed onto the site frequencies before you go. They us the licensed business radio channels and not the PMR 446 walkie-talkie radios.

There is a decent shop on site selling everything from gas and gloves to pistols and rifles and also they accept major payment cards.

So I would give this site ***** 4/5 and recommend a visit

Josh Smith runs Gunman, Okto Eight and Filmsim and between them they offer everything from airsoft skirmishes to roleplay games using buccaneer, viking and wild west themes.

Josh operates Eversley and his other site Tuddenham in Suffolk and the former is used for lots of RP and LARP games too.

I mainly get involved with his Okto Eight full weekend games which are full on milsims and they are run with military organisation, radio net comms, mapping with use of grid references etc. Okto also have their own milsim rules which have been developed with player input over the last two years.

I think the game you attended was a milsim lite which is somewhere between the okto game and a skirmish.

Basically he offers all levels of games, something to please everyone.

Archived