Ares Striker AS-01

Brauster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As Hef said above really. I did take everything apart to clean, lube and check for as perfect airseal as I could get from the standard internals. The barrel was filthy but found that on a few guns that I've had from new, think its general dust and storage dirt but makes me wonder how many people go out with a barrel not performing at its best!

I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it! New spring was only needed to bring up the power.

Debating modelling up a replacement chamber which mimic's a V2 PDI (because i have one sitting in my spares to use for reference) to use W-Hold bucking / aeg inner barrel. Will need to get my printer back to working before I do any proto's though.

Debating modelling up a replacement chamber which mimic's a V2 PDI (because i have one sitting in my spares to use for reference) to use W-Hold bucking / aeg inner barrel. Will need to get my printer back to working before I do any proto's though.

God no, PDI's stupid two prong chamber is a joke, also VSR style buckings are superior airseal to AEG ones. It would be like taking a step back.

A variety of 3D printed arms would be good though, the stock chamber is good and gives a great airseal. I just think the arm could be better :)

As Hef said above really. I did take everything apart to clean, lube and check for as perfect airseal as I could get from the standard internals. The barrel was filthy but found that on a few guns that I've had from new, think its general dust and storage dirt but makes me wonder how many people go out with a barrel not performing at its best!

I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it! New spring was only needed to bring up the power.

What spring did you go for?

AIP M135 Spring

What FPS did that get you?

The more I look at the trigger, the more unsure I am how long it'll last lol

What FPS did that get you?

The more I look at the trigger, the more unsure I am how long it'll last lol

Around 495fps on 0.20g.

Trigger is better than some I have seen but time will tell.

Anyone interested in one of these, or for the gents that own one, have a look at what I've been tinkering with:

http://snipermechanics.wixsite.com/website/single-post/2016/11/17/Amoeba-Striker-AS01-Air-Volume-How-to-make-it-more-effecient

Anyone interested in one of these, or for the gents that own one, have a look at what I've been tinkering with:

http://snipermechanics.wixsite.com/website/single-post/2016/11/17/Amoeba-Striker-AS01-Air-Volume-How-to-make-it-more-effecient

Good job on the barrel shortening. I'm trying a few different options at the moment to see what I can do to get better range will keep you posted.

Velocity out of heavier ammo, energy remains constant regardless.

Velocity out of heavier ammo, energy remains constant regardless.

2 guns shooting .2's at 500fps may both read 2.34J, however you can take the same two guns, shorten the barrel in one while putting a bigger spring in to keep the fps on 500 with.2s and find that one will shoot a .4 at say 380 and the other at 340.

Usually the shorter one will be the one with the higher joule output. Good example is a 500fps VSR vs a 500fps VSR Gspec with both shoot out a .4 at a different FPS and Joule.

ignore me if I completely misunderstood you lol Long day at work.

• 6 months later...

Guys,

Im looking at potentially buying one of these just so I can have a change of pace every now and again. I've seen a lot of reviews on the web, mostly positive. However a lot of people seem to really bash it for the short stroke system and although I understand it im not really into doing much tech work or significant internal upgrades on stuff. So I was looking at getting this, throwing the max spring I can play at my field in it and going from there and if they release the gas system for it maybe get that.. but yeah. Any update on these in the long term? Are they worth a buy?

Archived