ARES KM15 Spring change advice

980ti
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, I'm waiting for an ARES AMOEBA KM15 octarms and this youtuber upgraded the spring on his (will post link and timestamp it)

https://youtu.be/ACCj9oCRKR0?t=5m16s - at this part he's picking the spring and he picks a SP-110, he ends up trimming it a tiny bit so its under 400fps

will this be too much fps for my internals? he was getting 123metres/s which is just over 400fps.

so in conclusion will I need to buy a strong piston and metal gears if i buy this spring? or just get an sp-100?

how much fps would an sp-100 give me? read around that it'd be 360ish but still unsure if this fps will damage my internals.

Any advice/help is appreciated, thanks.

He said in the vid he wanted to reach 350fps? God knows why he'd fit an M110 and chop it, an M95 would be a much better choice (348fps ish). If the 350 was incorrect and he actually wanted to get it below 400fps when it was 403fps then you would not chop the spring, you'd just shoot some rounds through it and it'd probs drop 10fps once bedded in.

In answer to your question, if you want a DMR at around 400fps then just drop in the spring, the guns come into different countries with different springs new, in the USA it probs kicks out 400-450fps. Obviously wear will be faster the higher power you go but don't change stuff unless it breaks.

If an M110 gets 403fpps then an M100 "should" get you 363fps, if you have a better/worse airseal than this chap it will massively change the results though!

Good spot, but the maths is the same, if an SP110 gets 403fps on a 0.2g BB then a SP95 "should" give you 348fps on a 0.2g BB.

From a quick Google, consensus is an "M" spring is mps on a 0.2gBB and a "SP" spring is mps on a 0.25g BB, I have no idea if that is the case but have found dividing the fps on a gun by the M or SP number then multiplying it by whatever spring you are looking at getting will give you a rough estimate on fps after the swap (assuming it is from the same manufacturer).

The 350 should be measured on 0.2g BBs which equates to 1.14 joules of energy. 1.14j on a 0.25g BB equates to 313fps or 95m/s which is why you should use as stated earlier a SP95 spring not a SP100

No, but it would make the gun too hot for the site you play at which would mean if you fitted it knowing that, it would be cheating. The maths may not be quite right but from everything that has been shown on this thread and from the research I have done FOR YOU on this subject all suggest you want an SP95. The site I play at chronos guns on their own 0.2g BBs which mostly stops folk cheating the chrono and using hot guns, if you were to fit a spring which made your gun too hot for your sites limits you could end up going home soon after you got there as they won't let you use it.

If you have a chrono, buy an SP100, fit it and set the hop for the BBs you use, then see what fps it gives you on 0.2g,then you will know for sure. It could come in sub 350 and you are rosey or it could come in at 370fps and you'll have to change it for a softer spring. If you don't have a chrono and are doing the spring change yourself then I'd personally just fit an SP95 as the maths show that to be a sub 350fps spring (by 2fps) and if paying a tech to do the spring change then, well it is your money so do what you like in that case, but you are chasing 2fps.

What is the max fps you are allowed at the site you play?

Archived