Jackal Ghillie material

Lozart
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I've decided I want a ghillie hood kind of like the cobra style that covers just the head, shoulders and upper arms. Material wise though I'm looking to recreate the Camosystems Jackal-style suits with a mix of synthetic strips and camo net. Thing is, while I can find a cheap source of the base Cobra Hood, I can't seem to find anywhere that sells the strips of camo material.

Anyone got any ideas?

http://camosystems.com/products/ghillies (the Killer Kamo is what I'm looking to do).

• Supporters

Paper shredder?

Won't the paper go all soggy when it rains?

• Supporters

I meant put material through a paper shredder

And you knew it

:D

I'm cheeky, me.

Except my decent shredder is cross cut and my old shredder would either jam up or not cut material properly. I know where you're coming from though.

• Supporters

Office shredder at work?

Is in fact my old shredder (small company see).

• Supporters

You knew there would be someone suggesting scissors.

Scissors.

Apart from that I don't believe anymore in bulky ghillie. I had one similar, just the hat and shoulders but it always got caught in the branches. Leaf suit with some added extra bits is much better IMO.

Craft knife and cut 89-90% of the width of the fabric in straps. Will leave u with a Base strip for attaching. Sort of the way women's hair extensions are done. And u can layer them to create a bush like effect.

• Supporters

OK, so we all have an idea on making strips of material......but where can I get the material? Remember - we're not talking about standard ghillie thread and raffia/jute here.

• Supporters

OK, I'm thinking you've not quite grasped what a jackal suit looks like.....

The strands are of various colours, but one colour each, not a camo pattern. Nor are they a woven material but a synthetic that won't rot or smell like a bush wookie, intervowen with chunks of camo netting.

Jackal-Ghillies-killerkamo.jpg

from here: http://camosystems.com/products/ghillies

I think i have some old olive drab bivvy liners and new in the packet large sweat rags your welcome to if thats suitable? Pretty sure theyre nylon. Will have a look when im home

• Supporters

I think i have some old olive drab bivvy liners and new in the packet large sweat rags your welcome to if thats suitable? Pretty sure theyre nylon. Will have a look when im home

Cool, cheers!

Archived