KRYTAC MkII SPR - Trident Series

Katana
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

THE NEW LINEUP IS HERE!

Externals:

Upper Receiver:

Absolutely 0 play whatsoever in the entire upper assembly.

Only item that wobbles is the charging handle (VERY SLIGHTLY)

Bit of a bummer that it comes with fixed front and rear sights and not flip up iron sights but you can replace these

The metal is high in quality and not some crappy pot metal rubbish.

The keymod rail is really comfy for a C clamp grip and really does feel smooth and sexy

Lower Receiver:

The inclusion of two locking body pins is a plus so they aren't falling out like I've had on other guns

The selector switch is disappointing as it is rather stiff with no satisfying snap to semi and auto, only to safe

The selector switch is ambidextrous which is great until you see that it's stiff as f*ck (I mean seriously stupid stiff)

The selector switch also bumps my index finger when I go to semi from safe..could just be how I hold it (quite high up)

The weak side selector (I'm right handed) is shorter to prevent that bump happening which is nice but it's very wobbly

The trigger is a straight trigger which is nice but it's squishy and not very satisfying to pull, faster trigger pulls though

Functioning bolt catch is also not very satisfying (being fussy here) but I don't expect it to be glorious on an AEG but the bolt catch itself should be quite a bit stiffer to press than it is

Mag release is nothing special

The trigger guard is actually part of the receiver rather than pieced on so no wobble to deal with

Trades on the receiver are very deep and very nice

THE STOCK WOBBLES SO MUCH...very annoying but a bit of tape and it'll be fin

OVERALL BUILD:

Not too shab if you ask me

Comparable to G&P externals, good stuff

Electrics:

The built in mosfet is a freaking godsend so you don't have to cut down on battery storage

There is a built in fuse which is......interesting (I thought we were past fuses)

f*cking TAMIYA WTF IS THE MATTER WITH YOU

PEOPLE PLEASE GET DEANS....DEANS EVERYTHING...ULTRAPLUGS...DEANS WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL THEM JUST GOT THEM...

"ehrm" *Clears throat*

Tamiya is not very good

Every gun should come stock with DEANS but it's a minor gripe TBH because it's not that hard to fix...5 minutes or so but I still despise the tamiya connectors

Shooting:

Well, this is the moment YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR

And I must disappoint you

I hooked up a 7.4v battery and heard that people shooting this gun on this battery gives POLARSTAR like performance in terms of trigger response.

WTF are people talking about. This has the trigger response of a standard stock gun with a 7.4v lipo.

It isn't some insanely fast god and why would people think that a stock gun in this gun's price tier would give such performance.

I don't think some people realise real fast trigger response until they've taken a look at the high speed side of the airsoft gearbox and at least run an 11.1v. Or fired a GBBR or a tippmann or an actual Polarstar

Getting off topic here, trigger response is at a push slightly above average but you pick up a gun in the same rough price range (using this sentence gently) and you can get the same/ better performance.

I would run this gun on an 11.1v LiPo as standard but the BLOODY TAMIYA CONNECTORS...

Couldn't test the range on it with the limited space I have any accuracy can't really be said much for seeming as the gun needs to be broken in and it hasn't been but some quick and dirty shots out in the garden at about 20ish metres showed OK accuracy. A flyer here and there but it's pretty decent overall.

Please note I'm being overly harsh as I always do because I expect the highest standards for every company's top tier level of weapon. This is no exception.

Mag Compatibility:

I tested:

PTS EPM MID (very slight wobble, mag can drop out)

G&P STANAG MID (Amazing fit, quite stiff pulling out)

G&G POLYMER MID (best fit, very slightly stiff pulling out)

MAG POLYMER MID (Slight wobble, can drop out)

KRYTAC HIGH CAP (Worst fitting one ironically, maybe MAG fits worse but it was modified with velcro, can drop out)

Magpul High Cap (I think some random chinese clone, lil stiff pulling out)

All mags fit well and feed fine.

Very good mag compatibility IMO

KRYTAC's are known to feed almost every bloody M4 mag out there

Conclusion:

Not too shab for a reliable gun that's built very well and performs alright

I'd recommend it

Overall rating:
8.5/10

Edit: Not had much sleep so english is not my current native language atm :')

"Edit:underground train" krytac has to ship AEG's with 20k motor in order to comply with UK FPS limits.

That's entirely rubbish, but I can't find the thread in which this was discussed at length sorry. :)

But pretending it's not rubbish, please do tell how the motor could affect muzzle power? :P

• Supporters

Krytac shipped the MK1 with 20k motors because of fears it would over cycle when used in conjuction with an 11.1v lipo and the lower powered springs used in the UK because of our lower fps limits.

This was absolute garbage as I had a USA Krytac with an M100 that worked fine.

I was hoping they would have realised their error and used the 30k in the MK2 if they haven't then there is no way I would buy one. There is no way I will part with more money than the rest of the world has to pay for an inferior product.

That's entirely rubbish, but I can't find the thread in which this was discussed at length sorry. :)

But pretending it's not rubbish, please do tell how the motor could affect muzzle power? :P

I was merely referring to the ROF, my bad if I'm wrong

• Supporters

there's no UK limit on ROF, so you're still talking rubbish.

To the OP, how can you tell the metal is good quality and not pot metal? Honestly I can't think of any test short of a full metallurgy analysis that would tell you it's good quality metal.

• Supporters

I think OP is referring to the general feel/weight and perhaps the finish of the receiver

I have had some China guns that the finish scratches away if you so much as fart near it

Maybe he is just impressed with its assembly and is assuming all the materials on the gun is of a high standard too

I kind of get what he might be trying to say - still nice of him to take time to post review

if Op gets a chance then please post some pics of your new toy for us all to see your delight

digging up some ol' threads might shed some light on the motor & deans plug blah blah blah

this includes myself getting out of my pram and looking a pratt as per usual :)

but anyway a few rants from us about our opinions & crap but might help explain why tamiya & 20k/30k motors fitted

&
If you have a 20k motor - no biggy run it on 11.1v and you will be fine and should be shootting around 20's rps I would take a guess
(should be fine if you keep to 20 to 25rps on a stock 350fps gun - just my rough estimation but each gun is different I might add)
as for deans - some retailers like Pro Airsoft will change the small Tamiya over to deans for you to keep warranty etc....
tbh - the 30k isn't mind blowing, they could of considered USA Spec with 30k & SS a tooth or two but hey ho that is just my opinion
The motor can be changed if needed but a 20k on 11.1v will run about same as 30k on 7.4v aprox
tbh you probably would get a bit more response on 11.1v 20k than 7.4v 30k setup so I wouldn't worry as long as you got battery room
What you have is a gun that is designed and built very well - I understand why manufacturers may not want to release a gun that goes f*cking nutz out of box - just means it is likely to wear/fail/break when taking the pi$$ without more tuning first
What the gun represents is a very good gun for your money - you can see where that extra £100 or so has gone
They are not perfect but a very wise & worthy consideration for somebody wishing to own a very nice gun off the shelf so to speak
Happy shooting

Thank you Sir Duck for your reply,

@jcheeseright I didn't stated that ROF is restricted to a limit in UK, I just wanted to point out that the UK version is inferior to the US version, while OP was comparing this model with the trigger response came from GBBR, Tippmans and by having a 30k motor you tend to have a better ROF (ofc depending on the spring you use).

Yet again please do correct me if I'm wrong.

It is as ITH has stated, with our low fps limits they use softer springs. Using an 11.1v or a 30k motor or both on a gun shooting sub 330fps causes feed issuse and over running so double feeds etc. I was lucky on mine as the set up seems ok at 350 fps on the short PDW inner barrel so can run an 11.1v and if I use it as a DMR at 400fps I can run the 30k motor too with no issues. I have run both at 350fps and mostly it is fine but occasionally double feeds which means I have dropped the 30k motor for now and just stick with the 11.1v

I can vouch for the motors, I have a PDW running 340 which came with the 30k motor and it does make a fair bit of difference :) No feed issues or over spin so far, touch wood

Archived