Scar H real steel mag shell conversion??

Alpha.s1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

After a tad of advice if anyone would like to indulge me

I own a WE gbb scar H, and was researching possible pmag options.

Now there are not any airsoft manufacturers that make 7.62/308. Pmags in the first place, which is obstacle no. 1 , there are however real steel pmags available, i have seen a few real steel stanag conversions done.

Obstacle no.2 is the different shape of the mags, traditional scar h mags are straight, the 7.62 pmags ive seen have a curve to them a little more like a stanag mag (pic attached)

If anyone has a better idea of the We scar h mag internals would be able to hazard a guess at how easy conversion would be?

I understand it would involve quite a bit of hack sawing, filing, and the like,

Last couple of questions, if it is considered a bit behond my skill level (which is not that extensive to be perfetly honest) would anyone know the name of a company, or individual who does that kind of work?(sorry if thats a slightly stupid question)

Lastly if it would be something such as a complete custom mag build, would it be as easy to use the larger size 30rd mag cases?

Thanks, for any help given, and apologies for so many questions at once.

post-11438-0-52262000-1474837068_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

After a tad of advice if anyone would like to indulge me

I own a WE gbb scar H, and was researching possible pmag options.

Now there are not any airsoft manufacturers that make 7.62/308. Pmags in the first place, which is obstacle no. 1 , there are however real steel pmags available, i have seen a few real steel stanag conversions done.

Obstacle no.2 is the different shape of the mags, traditional scar h mags are straight, the 7.62 pmags ive seen have a curve to them a little more like a stanag mag (pic attached)

If anyone has a better idea of the We scar h mag internals would be able to hazard a guess at how easy conversion would be?

I understand it would involve quite a bit of hack sawing, filing, and the like,

Last couple of questions, if it is considered a bit behond my skill level (which is not that extensive to be perfetly honest) would anyone know the name of a company, or individual who does that kind of work?(sorry if thats a slightly stupid question)

Lastly if it would be something such as a complete custom mag build, would it be as easy to use the larger size 30rd mag cases?

Thanks, for any help given, and apologies for so many questions at once.

Tried it already, the PMag shell is longer and wider than the very, very offspec Scar H magwell.

Archived