Upgrade Path for Well MB01

Hangtight
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It is and ive added a grub screw to lock it. set up at the start of your day and lock it for the duration :)

The other end of the regulator is in the removable stock so changing bulbs is simple. I want to suss out a way to quick release the stock to make it even easier.

Plus you chuck out all the weights in the stock. Also no exposed tubing to get pulled out. Added a festo inline between the reg and the piston so the receiver comes out without taking the stock apart.

Give it a try lads, its like it was made for it.

The quick bulb change is why mine protrudes from the stock where the monopod would usually be. I'm looking at ways to get the receiver out without taking the stock apart, particularly as the threaded inserts appear to be made of cheese. With the Palmer reg adjustment is easy with an Allen key through the hole I made base of the stock and it can't be knocked by accident.

Word of warning about running low volume/high pressure. Although you get a high shot count the initial high pressure behind the BB seems to cause hop inconsistency. I'm experimenting with ammo and a flow restriction in the nozzle to see if I can sort this out before I simply pull the volume reducer out and live with the reduced shot count. Seeing as it takes about 15 seconds to change a bulb this isn't a problem, but the reg does seem more stable at the higher pressure.

Right, a 2mm restrictor in the air nozzle has negligible effect on the fps, makes the damn thing hop a lot more reliably and as a useful side effect makes an already quiet rifle even quieter. I can now regularly hit a head sized target at around 240'. This is running a 3cc bolt volume which even at -2 degrees gets me 120 shots. And Geoffs 0.4g BBs rock. The ASGs are almost as good for accuracy but you do get more flyers and when they do it's not the wobble 6" one way or the other you get with Geoffs, but a proper 'Where the bloody hell is that going?', flyer.

Archived