AirsoftPro Upgrade kit v3 for VSR

Matyas
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, i own a WELL MB03 spring rifle everything stock except the bucking which is a Maple Leaf Monster 70 degree. i did some diy airseal mods on it and i would like to know if the upgrade kit from AirsoftPro will improve range and accuracy? I'm planning on polishing the stock barrel too. Any thoughts on the kit? Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Well, all it is, is a spring.

Plus the required parts to make sure the gun doesn't break (Trigger, Guide) and the piston.

Wouldn't think it would increase accuracy, accuracy and range mainly comes from the bucking and hop unit area. Although more FPS should be a noticeable range increase.

But it's all very well having great range, but you've got to have accuracy.

Hello, i own a WELL MB03 spring rifle everything stock except the bucking which is a Maple Leaf Monster 70 degree. i did some diy airseal mods on it and i would like to know if the upgrade kit from AirsoftPro will improve range and accuracy? I'm planning on polishing the stock barrel too. Any thoughts on the kit? Thanks!

The airsoft Pro kit is fine as a cheap durability upgrade. For accuracy and range, you need to focus on a high quality barrel, bucking/nub combo, air seal and high quality ammo.

The best you could probably get as a drop in would be:

EdGi 6.01 barrel, open ended cut version

Maple leaf 75 Degree Decepticon bucking

Mod the hop arm to be flat hopped or at the vest lest do the BIC mod or buy a Type B hop arm such as Airsoft Pro/Dangerwrex

Sugru/R hop are some of the more DIY related hops, but work extremely well.

There's a fair bit you can do to the standard parts that will cost you nothing but time and all of which will improve the consistency and accuracy. If you are handy with tools then making an aluminium hop arm is a good upgrade along with a flat hop and suitable nub. Clean and polish the barrel. Mod the standard piston to give better control over the O ring seal, and while you're in there get rid of the factory grease and apply more suitable lubrication. Buy decent ammo, at least 0.3g and 0.4g if the hop will lift it OK.

Plus barrel spacers made from masking tape to locate the inner barrel securely in the outer barrel and every air seal mod you can.

By taking it apart and doing the mods one at a time you'll find out what works, what doesn't and what will need to be improved by spending money. If you just buy some 'upgrade' bits without considering why you're buying them you'll be disappointed. Trying to get everything to work together without any weak links is the key.

Archived