M14 G&G or CYMA

MattCoops91
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening,

I really like the look of M14 (not the EBR ones) guns so I think it will be my next purchase, tried searching the forum but cant find anything about M14's on here!

Just wondered if anyone had one of either of these two brands or had experience with them as the CYMA is £70 cheaper than the G&G one and I cant seem to figure out where the extra £70 comes from as I dont think G&G are that much better than CYMA are they?

Anyway thanks for your help!

Having owned both a classic army and g&g m14's i can say in my exspirence they are a pig to modify and breakdown frequently. I bought the CA first but quickly realised it was a mastake and tried the G&G only to have yet more reliabilty isuses. Speaking from my own experince if you want the range of an m14 just buy a star M16a3, you'll never have to touch the interals, the range is superb and the grouping is tight.

• Supporters

I had the G&G Veteran model, came shooting 390 out of the box on .2s, literally all I did was add a tightbore and run .3s through it and it was an absolute beast.

Only thing I couldn't get on with was the mags were hard to find, and the weight combined with the rifle grip played merciless hell on my wrist.

Is it just the vetran model that shoots at 390 as im not looking for it as a DMR?

I just really like the look of the gun so a completely different model isnt really something id be up for but i am open to different brands

Good thread actually....

Im interested in potentially running a M14 at some point, anything to look out for, particular brands to avoid etc?

Just the Veteran fires at 390 (although mine does 420 out of box). It's got internal upgrades over the standard version that are lent towards a better DMR platform. If you get any of the the standard versions, they should be sub-350.

I don't have any experience of the standard G&G, but I've hired a CYMA M14 before, and own the Veteran. The G&G definitely feels better to use, to me the CYMA felt a little weak. Can't offer much solid comparison I'm afraid, but if I was getting a M14 for a regular loadout, I'd go for the G&G purely for the build quality (in fact, that's what I was trying to do when I picked up the Veteran - I didn't realise it was a DMR until I crono'd it)

Worth considering that the Cyma is TM compatible. The Tm m14, along with the G3 are supposed to have great range. If you want to take something out of the box and just shoot, I'd say get the g&g. If you want to start upgrading stuff get the cyma

Archived