Received faulty item who pays return postage?

GothicGhost
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Do I need to pay for postage back to the shop?

The shop telling me I do have to pay but only if I am getting a refund, if it was a repair job then they would pay.

I thought if it's a faulty item I should not have pay out more money.

Thank you.

You normally get stung for the return postage , have you looked at the sites T&C's for this type of returns. unless its a lot of money and you seek legal advice pay the postage and get your new item.

They said only if they do a repair job but if I want a refund then I will have to pay postage.

I had the item in my hands for less then 30 seconds before it was no good lol :(

It's on them...

Any terms and conditions that say you must cover the cost of returning an item don't apply where the goods being returned are faulty. http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/i-want-to-return-something-bought-online

I don't understand the mentality of some stores - if they send out a fault product then just pay your customer the return shipping, heck even pay them up front, it's only a few quid. I'd rather do that and have a happy customer. Happy customers tend to return and buy stuff in the future. Some retailers have zero foresight.

Did you use PayPal to buy the item? I brought a item from a shop with PayPal and when it arrived it was broken. The shop said I had to pay return postage so I contacted PayPal and they sorted it out. Hope this helps.

Afraid I'm going to slope in the opposite direction.

In everything (not just Airsoft), I have always expected to pay the return postage.

It shows goodwill at the initial stages of dispute, which is effectively where most dispute cases will falter.

Plus, and this is just me, the retailer will be paying x2 postage overall, so it's a nice thing to do

In everything (not just Airsoft), I have always expected to pay the return postage.

It shows goodwill at the initial stages of dispute, which is effectively where most dispute cases will falter.

Plus, and this is just me, the retailer will be paying x2 postage overall, so it's a nice thing to do

I could understand paying if an item is fine it just isn't right for you e.g. clothing that's to small etc but not for a faulty item , that's for the seller to sort / refund. As for a nice thing to do.. it's a business they should factor in costs like this into prices to allow for it.

post-9873-0-63695100-1474361219_thumb.jpg

Well to be fare why should I pay for a broken item ?

Going to get it fixed or replaced so I don't have to pay now,

But if it breaks again and I ask for a refund, I will have to pay so that shop says.

One of the things I check for before buying anything is a Freepost address for returns, or Collect+ or similar.

Most reputable companies will have one.

Otherwise, you could always request for a the return postage charge to be added to your refund for the item.

I'm having the same with an ebay store sent out the Imax b6 Ac battery charger with no output lead to connect the batteries. Ive sent it back and a whole load of negative review is coming there way.

Archived