New to everything airsoft

armyamy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

usually one high-cap mag, roughly 300-600 rounds depending on what gun you get given

and use as much ammo as you feel neccesary, don't get shot because you were skimping on it, at the same time, don't charge around with your finger jabbing the trigger at anything that moves. usually 1500 rounds a day for me, I know other people who use considerably more, some who use less.

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/M85-p-el...ic-bb-gun-.html

What do u think for my first little play around?

Was thinking of getting this and then giving it to my brother once i can get a proper one rather than a two tone.

All opinions would be appreciated!

• AF-UK Founding Member

Not really worth it at all, it's far more prone to breaking. You'd honestly be a lot better off going for something which costs a bit more and renting until you can register for site membership etc then you won't have to go down the 2-tone route.

Thats one nice vulcan haha...Ill start saving!

Cheers for that, thats a great help.

Whats the weight like on airsoft rifles.... are they alot lighter?

depends... the more expensive ones can weigh exactly the same...

if ur looking for an SA80 of some sort... you should talk to hubert... just post about this in general discussion and he will probably see it... he's big on his LSW

:lol: good old Hubert! he IS the brains behind the SA80's, or at least he should be :)

• 1 month later...

so what if its two tone.

you can spray it black.

And dont go on about how you need a ukara coz thats only for purchase of an rif not for owning one.

so technically it doesnt matter ukara isnt proof of being a skirmisher unless youre buying.

there are however two organisations who provide a defence for skirmishes including under 18's. they are ukapu and aoba both are five quid a year and they include their own lawyers who are actually quite successful

OH MY GOD, seriously if your going to be this misleading then i think you should delete your account, IT IS ILLEGAL TO MANUFACTURE AN RiF, i dont think you like airsoft, so you want people to get it banned... IMO but it is kind of true...

we have a different female member on here as well so your not on your own

Are you taking about me? It sure is nice to see some other women/girls interested in Airsoft, I thought I was the only one!

Welcome to the forums :D

Hi,

I'm a newbie as well and as far I can find out UKAPU (a union of/for airsofters) requires you to have skirmished at least once before you can be a full member, although they allow you to join as a probationary member first. Also I'm not sure that they provide you with a defense, just a helping hand if you run into trouble whilst being a normal law-abiding airsofter:)

Their website is

http://www.ukapu.org.uk/website/home.php

and is a pretty interesting read.

The AOBA doesn't seem to have any recent information on their website and some other sources appear to suggest that it has collapsed entirely although I couldn't say for sure.

UKARA is database that retailers established and maintain to enable THEM to prove due diligence when selling RIF's.

For a valid UK defense I believe (please correct me if I've got this Arse-backwards) you only need to be registered as a skirmisher at a site.

As someone who is very keen not to be arrested for anything, including firearms offences, I intend to gain membership with my closest site as soon as they allow, (hiring for as long as nessercary) and register with UKARA and UKAPU as soon as possible. Then I'll probably buy through a local store.

I doubt I'll ever buy two tone because of my low budget; I'll save up for a better quality product that will hopefully be more reliable. By the time I've saved up I wont have to buy a bright orange HK33e :)

All this may seem very roundabouty-overly cautious, but my future career plans rely on a CRB, so better safe than sorry.

I realise I may have strayed off topic a little and I apologise. Anywhoo my two pennys worth.

yep, will see you at AWA on Sunday :)

I'm not going on Sunday, I'm on holiday! I'm going the one after that, 1st May. Are you?

:(

Archived