New to everything airsoft

armyamy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey one of my friends who i work with in the army told me about airsoft and im really interested in taking it up, but i dont know where to start. Ive got my military equipment which i can use but as for people to play with i dont know anyone who i could do it with near to me.

If anyone else is new and lives around Leicester then drop me a message.

Also all help and advice would be appreciated for this noob

Cheers

Amy

we have a different female member on here as well so your not on your own haha and as Dev corrected me, We are ALL here to help :)

Welcome to the sport and the forums :D

google 'airsoft map' or 'airsoft leicester' to find sites near where you are, as far as weapon wise, would you be looking at something similar to what you use in the army or something completely different?

any questions, ask away, we're all here to help

Erm im looking for similar weapons towhat i use in the army... but am also interested in american military weapons.

Things like the scar etc.

we have a different female member on here as well so your not on your own haha and as Dev corrected me, We are ALL here to help :)

Yeh would be nice to hear from women who also play.

i will try to contact her, see if she could send you a message? but i think i could use a budget, ie £100-200 or £200-300 or £300-400 or £400+ because in the £300-400 range there are some really nice SA80, which i assume is the family of weapons your using?

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

Matt! and Nutster are near Leicester, favoured sites being MAW (Melton Airsoft Warfare) near Melton Mowbray, Urban Assault (a bit further south near Peterborough).

There's also Grange Farm Airsoft which is close to Leicester, depends where about you are around Leicester to be honest :lol:

i will try to contact her, see if she could send you a message? but i think i could use a budget, ie £100-200 or £200-300 or £300-400 or £400+ because in the £300-400 range there are some really nice SA80, which i assume is the family of weapons your using?

Looking at around 100 - 300

Yeh SA80s and LSW

Welcome to the forums :)

Matt! and Nutster are near Leicester, favoured sites being MAW (Melton Airsoft Warfare) near Melton Mowbray, Urban Assault (a bit further south near Peterborough).

There's also Grange Farm Airsoft which is close to Leicester, depends where about you are around Leicester to be honest :lol:

Yeh i think the only problem is as im on my own with no one to play with, its a bit hard cus i cant just rock up and play on my own... id look like a bit of a plank lol

• AF-UK Founding Member

You have to start somewhere and everyone will always be friendly at the site, I wouldn't worry about turning up on your own too much. If not then persuade others to come along :)

yeah im sure you friends would be able to rent for the day, and anyways it will be fun for all the family or so i heard...

yeah im sure you friends would be able to rent for the day, and anyways it will be fun for all the family or so i heard...

God i dont wanna imagine my mum with a rifle... the thoughts scary.

i was thinking at my first time playing would be a bit akward so persuaded a mate to come along but to be honest i hardly spoke to him allday was chatting to others found in genral the airsoft community are really friendly people like anything there are a few snobs but the bulk are a good laugh. :)

i was thinking at my first time playing would be a bit akward so persuaded a mate to come along but to be honest i hardly spoke to him allday was chatting to others found in genral the airsoft community are really friendly people like anything there are a few snobs but the bulk are a good laugh. :)

So if i book to play at a local site there will be others there to play with? Just i dont wana turn up and there to be like hardly anyone there.

What are your thoughts on using the airsoft rifles on sites.

As i dont have my own and hopefully purchase one after the 3 games rule thing.

Other than that i have my own equipment.. i.e ballistic goggles camo.. vest etc

welcome to the forums :D recently ive seen a few female members joining the forums... you may be able to get an SA80 for just under £300... http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=2035 that SA80 is just under 300 but postage costs will bump it up a little, it is probably shorter to the one u use in the army... but it will be quite good in CQB... on the other hand if you want to bump your budget up a little you could look through these: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/index.php?cP...ir=a&page=2 the first 4 are SA80's (well duh :P) have a look and if you bumo your budget of some more you can spoil yourself with one of these http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Piper-P3-13...un_AIY6G.aspx?0

enjoy

welcome to the forums :D recently ive seen a few female members joining the forums... you may be able to get an SA80 for just under £300... http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=2035 that SA80 is just under 300 but postage costs will bump it up a little, it is probably shorter to the one u use in the army... but it will be quite good in CQB... on the other hand if you want to bump your budget up a little you could look through these: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/index.php?cP...ir=a&page=2 the first 4 are SA80's (well duh :P) have a look and if you bumo your budget of some more you can spoil yourself with one of these http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Piper-P3-13...un_AIY6G.aspx?0

enjoy

Thats one nice vulcan haha...Ill start saving!

Cheers for that, thats a great help.

Whats the weight like on airsoft rifles.... are they alot lighter?

Archived