Lipo chargers !!!!! 😡

NathyB
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok so when I got my first gun a few months back I got a charger from the same place they recommended it it wasn't expensive my last game some thing didn't seem right so I asked the site to charge my batterie they told me my cells wasn't balanced Proberly and that's why, my charger I just plug in the small white lead so my question is as I don't know what I'm looking at can some one recommend a charger I can buy I have two 7.4v 1450mh nun chuck batteries if some one would be so kind to provide links and also do I need a power lead to a harness ???? 🤔🤔😳😳😱🤐

Look for the IMAX b6, all you'll ever need. Make sure to buy a proper power supply adaptor for it, should cost about £30ish altogehter.

In the mean time, I would try not to use the cheap charger, Lipos are great batteries, but should be researched and respected.

When you get your new charger, watch some videos on how it works on YouTube, and make sure you are charging it right.

Bare in mind, as a good guideline, all lipos should be charged in about an hour. A 1300mah battery would be charged at about 1.3amps, whereas a 2000mah battery would charge at about 2amps.

Also, it is recommended to discharge a battery when not being used for a few days (a decent charger will allow you to do this).

As above had my IMAX B6 for years and used it for r/c car batteries Ni-cads, LiPo and LiFe batteries. Its easy to use and if you get stuck there are loads of online guides

• Head Moderator

• Supporters

Unless you know something we don't they're all knock-offs.

I would of got caught out with that then. Don't understand how companies can get away with selling knock-offs.

So maybe I'll just get the charger from hobby King as its geniuen

That sounds like the best option as then your sure its genuine and just pick up a DC supply unit from somewhere.

That sounds like the best option as then your sure its genuine and just pick up a DC supply unit from somewhere.

Does any one know if this charger comes with the lead that plugs into the tamiya so I can balance my battery properly ?

I bought a lead of ebay for about £3 which had all different fittings made into the 1 lead which means I only have to keep 1 lead with my charger.

• Moderators

Eventually I'll get around to one of the above, currently I have a charger and balancer thing by Kong power from Firesupport, works fine for me 🙂

Archived