More of a outdoor gun then my P90

Eenthuncob
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So as the title says I currently have a P90 that I use for indoor and out door not that it isn't good outdoor I'm actually impressed with the range and grouping as most people I shoot are, I'm after something like a DMR or more long range.

What would be the best route to take I can't really find a ready built DMR in my price range (230ish) would getting a cheapish Guinea then upgrading the internals and barrel or maybe getting a good quality gun known for its long range and just put a better spring in it?

I don't want a sniper rifle either maybe just a long barrelled M4 and I'd like it to EBBR as well but that's not essential, any help would be great thanks guys.

Matt

i went cheap route for gun and intend on internal upgrades. its only polymer body but has a nice weight to it and pretty sturdy. good power and range right out the box but too high power for skirmish sites without a spring downgrade. the accuracy is spot on. 4 coke cans single shot each from 50 feet and split side of 3 of the cans.

for a src plastic series m4ris its spot on i must say. seen same gun on some sites for around 140 but i got it for 40 used.

• Supporters

i went cheap route for gun and intend on internal upgrades. its only polymer body but has a nice weight to it and pretty sturdy. good power and range right out the box but too high power for skirmish sites without a spring downgrade. the accuracy is spot on. 4 coke cans single shot each from 50 feet and split side of 3 of the cans.

for a src plastic series m4ris its spot on i must say. seen same gun on some sites for around 140 but i got it for 40 used.

Don't mean to across harsh but I wouldn't recommend an src gun to anybody.

They are to be honest garbage and you can pick up much better starter guns for less money. I wouldn't waste your time upgrading it either just use the cash towards a better gun.

i know they arent great but for 40 quid i havent lost out and can get used to using them properly and learn about internals before going to a full metal proper one when i get my ukara.

I do like the look of the G3s, don't get me wrong the P90 has good range for a SMG but I wouldn't want to put a longer barrel as personally it would ruin the look for me.

Will have a look around a shop like patrol base and see what I like the feel of.

I do like the look of the G3s, don't get me wrong the P90 has good range for a SMG but I wouldn't want to put a longer barrel as personally it would ruin the look for me.

Will have a look around a shop like patrol base and see what I like the feel of.

The distinction between SMG and other descriptors is mostly meaningless in airsoft as far as range and accuracy are concerned. Any p90 can be modded to be as effective as any weapon described as "DMR".

Ok I'll have a look into getting a tight bore barrel and flat hop, I do also want to get a Lipo and mosfet for it as well as changing to deans at some point. Thanks for all your help guys have you got any suggestions on what barrel and hop up? Maybe magbull?

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it (TLDR) but KJW do a great dmr out of the box (can be either c02 or green gas - or an easy conversion for HPA) -called the KC02.

These are also very modifiable.

ASG do the exact same rifle but re-branded. I forget what they call it but give it a google.

It's in your price range ish.

Archived