New to airsoft - Kit recommendation

LewisUK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

That might be just because he doesn't have a clue though. Lots of people buy it from their local airsoft shop and think its amazing but honestly mostly it isn't. Even nuprol make/rebrand the odd good item but it doesn't make them a name you can trust.

I am a firm believer in paying silly money for airsoft clothes is a bit stupid and I say this because I have done that not out of poor man jealously. But that doesn't mean that you have to be blind to that fact that a lot of cheap stuff is garbage.

I know a guy who says god is real but I think he is delusional as well.

He might not have a clue, but it would be pretty clear if the items he had fell apart. Of course he would be getting better quality if he paid more, but that doesnt by default mean you can never buy cheap because its always garbage.

Viper is cheaper gear and you get what you pay for, but there does seem to be some gear snobbery going on here. If someone buys it and is happy with it then fair enough, its not like some fake gear from China.

As you say you have a vest thats lasted 3 years.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

The new range of Viper kit is actually alright. Much better put together than the stuff I started out with!

• Supporters

He might not have a clue, but it would be pretty clear if the items he had fell apart. Of course he would be getting better quality if he paid more, but that doesnt by default mean you can never buy cheap because its always garbage.

Viper is cheaper gear and you get what you pay for, but there does seem to be some gear snobbery going on here. If someone buys it and is happy with it then fair enough, its not like some fake gear from China.

As you say you have a vest thats lasted 3 years.

Never said you cant buy cheap what I said is that I wouldn't recommend viper as a range because too much of it is junk. They have the occasional item thats ok but for every ok bit there are 10 more bad.

As loz said (and I think I already mentioned) the new stuff is a bit better but I would still struggle to recommend them as a brand until nearly all of it is good.

Because one person makes it last doesn't mean its good because that person might play a bit softly and not really punish the gear like a lot of others will. It's one of those time the term "general consensus" comes into play.

• Supporters

It's one of those time the term "general consensus" comes into play.

"General consensus" would have us believe that iPhones are the best thing in the world, ever.

I still wouldn't go so far as to say Viper is "good" and certainly not uniformly so BUT horses for courses. If you're on a budget, you could do worse.

• 6 months later...

I wore mesh face mask, bolle glasses and a ball cap. That little bit of flesh on my forehead that was visible got nailed! I didn't feel it at the time, got pointed out in the safe zone as I had sprung a leak :D

On 4/24/2017 at 9:06 PM, warlord said:

I wore mesh face mask, bolle glasses and a ball cap. That little bit of flesh on my forehead that was visible got nailed! I didn't feel it at the time, got pointed out in the safe zone as I had sprung a leak :D

Well known Airsoft fact, "If it aint covered up, its a BB magnet"

Wear fingerless gloves for 2 games and see how many knuckle shots you get ;) 

Archived