Player ages

Jam_Man
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What are the average ages at skirmishes?

Do you get more of the mature ages?

I'm mid 40s and we are going to a skirmish in a few weeks so half a dozen 40 somethings playing airsoft for the first time.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

49 - think I'm 19 but deep down feel like 79

average age - depends on site and game day tbh

I'd say a fair amount are 13 to 23 at my site

then the mid 20's & above are more "serious" or "seasoned" players - well suppose tbh 30's can afford the higher end stuff

(assuming mortgage/kids/wives or other stuff they have don't empty their bank accounts first - but perhaps older players have higher paying jobs ?)

Then again, anybody with a job/full/part time still at home may have more cash to splash on themselves perhaps ????

Airsoft is one of those things where you got a fair mix of all ages - 90% male - maybe 95%

guess men never really grow up and love playing with toy guns peew peew peew

dunno, don't care to study it that much, I aim to have a bit of fun, play fair & safe but not take it toooooooo seriously

• Supporters

I'm 46. Most of my friends that play are around 40, some younger, some older.

It's just a number.

• Supporters

19 here. Youngest ive seen was 10 (some game I watched while Paintballing in Singapore).

• Supporters

19 here. Youngest ive seen was 10 (some game I watched while Paintballing in Singapore).

I hate when there are small kids playing. I always end knocking one on their arse by accident and then I feel guilty. I really dont do contrite sympathy well I come out with an allergic rash.

Know what you mean about the really the small ones, there is always that little voice in your head "Finish him!"

Average age I would guess for a skirmish probably somewhere around 30. I'm nearly 50 now, just come back to it after a 10 year break.

49 - think I'm 19 but deep down feel like 79

average age - depends on site and game day tbh

I'd say a fair amount are 13 to 23 at my site

then the mid 20's & above are more "serious" or "seasoned" players - well suppose tbh 30's can afford the higher end stuff

(assuming mortgage/kids/wives or other stuff they have don't empty their bank accounts first - but perhaps older players have higher paying jobs ?)

Then again, anybody with a job/full/part time still at home may have more cash to splash on themselves perhaps ????

Airsoft is one of those things where you got a fair mix of all ages - 90% male - maybe 95%

guess men never really grow up and love playing with toy guns peew peew peew

dunno, don't care to study it that much, I aim to have a bit of fun, play fair & safe but not take it toooooooo seriously

Very true.

Im 46 and when you are younger you never think you will be doing things like playing computer games at 46, yet still am. I guess I expected to be like my Dad when he was that age, but things were different back then, didnt even have computers for a start :)

Us forty somethings to seem to have retained our inner childs eh .

• Supporters

Mentally I'm 30yrs younger at least.... - refuse to grow up

(missus says I'm childish sometimes - I say "I know you are ner ner ne ner nahhhhh"

Physically or stamina wise I feel 30yrs older

Hmmm... Bridge club, Bingo, building ships & $hit with matchsticks, planting veg on an allotment etc.....

yeah I think I got a plenty more years of peew peew left in me thanks

(as long I can have an afternoon nap at lunchtime)

• Supporters

I hate when there are small kids playing. I always end knocking one on their arse by accident and then I feel guilty. I really dont do contrite sympathy well I come out with an allergic rash.

Never seen younger than 14 in the U.S. (Night game at my "local" site - it was great, they were good cannon fodder). In the UK the youngest I've seen would probably be 16ish

• Supporters

Never seen younger than 14 in the U.S. (Night game at my "local" site - it was great, they were good cannon fodder). In the UK the youngest I've seen would probably be 16ish

Seen younger at the mall loads of times.

Whats worse is when you get the small for their age kids who run around in a half crouch thinking its COD, you don't know they are there in that basement until you run them over.

Very true.

Im 46 and when you are younger you never think you will be doing things like playing computer games at 46, yet still am. I guess I expected to be like my Dad when he was that age, but things were different back then, didnt even have computers for a start :)

I'm 42 and growing up still remains on my to-do list.

Back to your question: whichever site I go playing, I am never the youngest player but also I don't remember a single occassion when I was (or at least: looked like) the oldest. Not that it mattered at all: even with my non-existent social skills and weird accent (particularly with my gumshield on), I have always felt welcome and was never given looks saying "what you're doing here, paps?".

If you take your hits, play to the best of your abilities, manage your expectations towards the skills and abiities of others, don't use argument from age (aka: wisdom of the ancients) in discussion with younger players, you will enjoy both the games and the community. :)

• Supporters

I had quite a decent chat with a 13 year old lad at The Mall. It's not the norm by any stretch, most players I come across tend to be in their late teens/twenties and up. Played with a couple of 60+ guys too!

I wonder if you will believe this, but I have just turned 70 and airsoft was on my bucket list of things to do before I die. I have wanted to have a go at it for years, but never quite got round to it before. I am enjoying it so far and the site I go to is very welcoming. And if Mick Jagger can still bounce around on stage at his age, I can still strut my stuff too - carpe diem!

I wonder if you will believe this, but I have just turned 70 and airsoft was on my bucket list of things to do before I die. I have wanted to have a go at it for years, but never quite got round to it before. I am enjoying it so far and the site I go to is very welcoming. And if Mick Jagger can still bounce around on stage at his age, I can still strut my stuff too - carpe diem!

Out of interest where do you play?

im 34 and have seen older and younger. Its one of those hobbies where you have people of all ages! I like days where there is a mix, the young'uns tend to be gung ho and go for it and the older ones use their experience (mostly) and hold back/organise things a bit more. A good mix of ages makes for a better day I have found.

I'm 38, my sons are 15 & 16. My eldest has been to a milsim with me & he was 1 of 3 16 year olds that weekend. One guy I play along side is in his late 50's but not sure what the oldest person has been on site. Average age is probably mid 20's

Do you 40 something pluses have issues with fitness when playing. Doubt I'll be doing much running, the odd short burst of jogging might happen from time to time :)

Archived