consumer rights?

sarni307
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

does anyone know where i stand? i just brought a jg g36c and appart from a few small problems im really happy with it, when ordering i told them that it needs to be under 350fps because the site i play at is super strict, i asked him if he would chrono it and if needed how much to downgrade? he told me that it isnt a problem he can do that and the downgrade is free. when the gun arrived it had a couple of lose bb's in the mag so i assumed it had been checked so was happy, after shooting a few rounds i realised that there was a problem with the gun misfiring which i posted on here it seems to be a common problem and most sudgested putting about 1000 rounds through it would sort the problem. whilst doing this i was thinking to myself it seems a bit hot on the fps so decided to take it to the local shop to get chronoed the chrono showed it to be 390 at its lowest and 415 at its highest. the shop where more than happy to sort it, which is ok but i have now incured a aditional cost of £30 when i strictly stated at the time of purchse that anything over 350fps is of no use to me. dose anyone know where i stand? your thoughts would be really useful.

• Supporters
does anyone know where i stand? i just brought a jg g36c and appart from a few small problems im really happy with it, when ordering i told them that it needs to be under 350fps because the site i play at is super strict, i asked him if he would chrono it and if needed how much to downgrade? he told me that it isnt a problem he can do that and the downgrade is free. when the gun arrived it had a couple of lose bb's in the mag so i assumed it had been checked so was happy, after shooting a few rounds i realised that there was a problem with the gun misfiring which i posted on here it seems to be a common problem and most sudgested putting about 1000 rounds through it would sort the problem. whilst doing this i was thinking to myself it seems a bit hot on the fps so decided to take it to the local shop to get chronoed the chrono showed it to be 390 at its lowest and 415 at its highest. the shop where more than happy to sort it, which is ok but i have now incured a aditional cost of £30 when i strictly stated at the time of purchse that anything over 350fps is of no use to me. dose anyone know where i stand? your thoughts would be really useful.

there's a grey area with china guns, you will find that the shop wont offer any warranty due to the massive difference in FPS between guns. Tbh £30 for a spring change is pretty decent. i think your best to cut your losses, as all they will do is pull there terms and conditions out on you <_<:rolleyes:.

Where did you get it from?

novat combat

there's a grey area with china guns, you will find that the shop wont offer any warranty due to the massive difference in FPS between guns.

i know this thats why i asked him to check it and if needed do the downgrade there. to be honest its just as well im not very trusting of people so i took it to be tested cause if i drove all the way to the site and found out i cant play then i would of been really angry.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Unless he'd actually sold you a downgrade, or it's offered in the item description, then I don't think you really have anything to stand on. He sells that at a pretty good price anyway, so him putting in for the spring for nothing is unlikely I think. It would have been better if he had just told you it was over but would need payment for downgrading. Another option is that he has no experience in changing springs so left it. If he's never touched one before you don't want his first to be your purchase.

i had no problem in paying for the work or even if he just said sorry we dont do the downgrades here that would of been fine. but to tell me that they will make sure its ok before shipping i feel is wrong. if i lied to my customers like that i would have no business left. its not even as if they just forgot because the mag had some bb's left in it so they obisouly just checked then thought "oh f**k it will be ok" i often wonder what ever happened to good customer service in this country. the way i see it they are lucky they are on the ireland or i would be in there shop tomorrow having a few choice words with the d**k head who thinks its a good idea to lie to his customers........its a principal thing not bothered about the money. :angry:

maybe the chrono mis read, and saod something like 120 like my gun chrono'd at xsite lol then 280 i dont know, but some shops are just $h*t

Archived