Specifying two-tone colours

Hidden Hippo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I was considering getting my own AEG etc, but obviously would need to be two-toned at least for the time being. Is it possible to specify where companies spray two tone? Ideally I was thinking of getting an M4 of some description Presumably it is easy enough to replace a front end with RIS parts, a stock with a crane stock and leave the receiver black?

Cheers.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Most will come pre 2-toned you don't have the option of where it goes, even if it's not the shop still has to cover 51% of the gun or more with one of these colours:

bright red,

bright orange,

bright yellow,

bright green,

bright pink, and

bright purple.

it can also have clear parts of the gun that would have to = 51% +

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

blue I think is a good colour. unrealistic yet unoffensive.

Yes the police use blue (training blue) on their training and simunition weapons but that officially should still be VCRA legal as the reason why the polce use the blue in the first place is so that they don't mistake it for the real firearms themselves. And the reason for painting the guns is so that they can't be mistaken for the real thing no?

Archived