TM VSR-10 G-Spec

Denerion
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've looked into getting a Tokyo Marui VSR-10 G-Spec and have looked into upgrading it. After watching some youtube on how to, it looks fairly simple and straight forward. However I'm quite puzzled on what to upgrade it with, not to mention if I need any tools other than what's in the box. The only thing I can say for certain is that we have lower restrictions in Denmark, so the max joule output it can have is 3.25, which with most bbs is above 500 fps. Now given that here are some questions, I need a hand with:

I have no limit on how much I can spend on it, so I want to tune it to the max.

- What are the best parts you would recommend, why and where can I purchase them from within the EU?

- What is your recommended bb size in this lovely sniper?

- Are there any tools I need to modify this gun?

Guest PT247

Just buy everything with Laylax PSS10 in the description if you want it in simple terms. In more obvious but more complicated terms take a look on Google.... there are squillions of topics and posts about upgrading a VSR on the internet already and a shed load within this forum if you took the time to search.

5.95mm

yes: if you have watched even the most basic of youtube upgrade vids you'll see what tools they use.

• Root Admin

Like PT247 says: The TM VSR is basically the most well documented airsoft rifle that one can buy - please use the search on here, on Airsoft Sniper Forums and just on Google. You'll find all your answers (and will be better off for it than us spoonfeeding).

• Supporters

After watching some youtube on how to, it looks fairly simple and straight forward.

LOL

Anyway. In my opinion best is EDGI barrel, Action army hopup, Maple leaf autobot or decepticon bucking with a concave nub and barrel spacers. Mancraft or Wolverine kit if you go HPA or any good 90 degree trigger and piston if you stay spring.

Geoffs or ASG 0.40+ BBs. Any scope in the price range of £1000+ that you can use in the range of 4x, maybe 6x magnification and adjustable enough for 50-60m.

Will this be your first airsoft gun? If yes then buy things that you can sell 2 months later with a minimum loss.

I recently procured a VSR G-Spec and looking to upgrade as well. As everyone has said above, there is plenty of information on upgrading the VSR.

From various forums and threads, best upgrades seem to be either PDI or Laylax. In reality, they are probably much the same, just a case of "I have PDI, I will recommend PDI" and "I have Laylax parts, I will recommend Laylax".

Laylax seems more interchangeable, where PDI (If reading the forums correctly) seem more fussy and ideally needs to be matched to all PDI parts (Inner Barrel, trigger, cylinder etc...)

If money is no issue, then just buy all the gear from one of the above mentioned brands.

Personally, I will go with Laylax.

• Root Admin

You're missing Airsoft Pro, Maple Leaf and Action Army from that list. I don't know if building a purely PDI and LayLax/First Factory/Prometheus/Nineball would make for the best VSR. For example, PDI's hop up unit is a bit naff and LayLax don't even make one that's not just a 1-to-1 of the original unit - arguably the single most important bit of a sniper build along-side the barrel.

Again, this boils down to OP doing his research. He's never going to get all the answers from one thread. We really shouldn't even answer these unless it's to provide links to other places.

http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/41-vsr-rifles

Agree with Proffrink.

I did not include the other brands on my list as through my research, there seems to be the most information on PDI and Laylax with them also being the highest recommended. I cant personally comment on any brands as my VSR is still completely Stock.

The only way to decide is to do some reading, then do a bit more reading, and just when you think you have read it all, find that one link to tell you more!

The link Proffrink posted is very good. I have read many of those threads and gives some good guidance. But as it is only "Guidance", it will be down to each individual to decide which way to go with the build. Part availability, price, compatibility could have a big effect.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Laylax only does 1 production run of the VSR components a year, which is why currently, most places seem to be out of stock on the trigger unit.

Best bit of advice to the OP. Make sure you do your research.....LOTS and LOTS of research!

Archived